Surgery June 20th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery June 20th Surgery June 20th

Unread 06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Surgery June 20th

I admit i am pretty scared. Now I cant admit that to my family who think this will be like having a tooth pulled and then Mom will be right back doing all that Mom does. I am feeling resentful of them all ! ( That is not me at all) I am most worried about recovery and not being there for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Surgery June 20th

We share the same day to become Princesses. I also share the guilt feeling of not being able to be "Mom" when I return. But we have to listen to the doctors, or it will take even take longer to return to ourselves. My daughter is really getting into this pampering mom thing. She's all excited to help me feel like a princess! My husband was originally going to only take the surgery day off and visit me before and after work. Now it must be getting to him, he's taking the whole week off. He won't be able to concentrate having me in the hospital....sweet guy Keep remembering you have to be a Princess to heal.

Hugs and Prayers,
Kathleen
Unread 06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Surgery June 20th

Rossmindle;

Don't be a supermom.. no one can be anyway.. no matter how hard we try we can't be there for everyone at every minute.

Your resentment will eventually overflow and cause you to have sudden out bursts of anger if you don't let it out. TALK to them, let them know your scared.. they are probably too, can you imagine the fear a child has when he/she hears his/her mother is having surgery.. It will not only be therapeutic to you but them as well...

How do I know this. Well up till a few days ago I have been calm as could be about this. Then all of a sudden as the date gets closer I am finding myself to be a bit nervous and a bit short tempered. I have lashed out at my husband a few times for things I normally would never have. So I am there with ya...

What is the worse that can happen by admitting your afraid... the kids will know your not super mom ... is that so bad.....

Ces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Good Luck

Hi,
I knew that they recovery would be the hard part. I was scared but the surgery was a breeze. It is the recovery at home that is really hard. My husband has been great, he is doing the laundry and he hasn't done it in 15 years. My boys are really helping out too but they are 10 and 13. I find it really hard to rest, especially on days when I feel really good. I have done too much and hurt myself a couple of times now. There are some things that I wasn't prepared for or expecting. I have good days and bad just like I did with the endometriosis and chronic migraines before the TAH. I wish you the best of luck and try to take it easy so that you don't hurt yourself. It can happen doing the simplest things that you would never dream it possible to hurt yourself.
Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register