Just got informed today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got informed today... Just got informed today...

Unread 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Just got informed today...

I will be having a combo laproscopic/vaginal hysterectomy in the beginning of February for pelvic congestion with possible adenomyosis. I will have the actual date tomorrow. Has anyone had any kind of experience with this type of hysterectomy, I've had laprocopic surgeries before. But kinds wanting to get an idea of what to expect. I'm not scared or worried too much...I'm ready to be out of pain and I've been waiting for months to get this. I just don't have too much support other than my husband, who is going to take off two weeks to take care of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Re: Just got informed today...

There is lots of information on this site about the different types of surgeries. I had a lot of questions answered here, ones I never even would have thought to ask spend a few hours bopping around here, and I'm sure that you will feel a lot better about your choice - I know I did!
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Although i cannot comment n your surgery, you have a whole bunch of new friends/ support right here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM

I literally JUST had this surgery yesterday! It was daVinci laporascopic, but they did take my cervix and uterus out through my vagina and then created a "vaginal cuff"... It all sounded scary to me, but it really has been fine. The worst pain has been the gas pains. I'm on my way home now after just one night in hospital. Feel free to contact me with your questions. They had expected endometriosis and removal of an ovary, but instead they drained a few ovarian cysts, found endo in my uterus only, and are expecting adeno. I get the pathology report in a couple weeks.
Unread 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM

I had a Laparoscopy Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH) on Dec. 24th. I only have 3 incisions, one in the belly button and one on each side of my lower abdomen. All three have completely healed. I had uterus and ovaries removed all through the vagina. My recovery has been almost identical to those who had DaVinci. I only needed pain meds for about 3 or 4 days, and it wasn't that bad. The surgery only lasted about an hour. Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register