I am I alone with abdominal pressure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am I alone with abdominal pressure? I am I alone with abdominal pressure?

Unread 12-12-2015, 12:08 PM
I am I alone with abdominal pressure?

I do not have pain but feel as if my uterus is pushing up on my other abdominal organs. My uterus measures 13.7x11.4x8.9 and I am a small person 5'2" 125 pounds. The ultrasound also says I have numerous fibroids throughout the uterine body. I am am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in February. I am I alone in feeling this pressure or is it all in my head?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
I am I alone with abdominal pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyonabike View Post
I do not have pain but feel as if my uterus is pushing up on my other abdominal organs. My uterus measures 13.7x11.4x8.9 and I am a small person 5'2" 125 pounds. The ultrasound also says I have numerous fibroids throughout the uterine body. I am am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in February. I am I alone in feeling this pressure or is it all in my head?
I just had my surgery Wed for enlarged uterus and fibroids. I did feel pressure before. Actually, I think I had grown used to it. I'm hoping once I recover better that I'll notice that is gone. Right now I can't tell anything because of the pain. I don't think it's in your head.
Unread 12-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Re: I am I alone with abdominal pressure?

Definitely not in your head. I also felt pressure....sometimes on my bladder, sometimes on my rectum. When I did workouts and laid on the floor on my belly, I felt like I had a rock above my pubic bone. Just felt full all the time. You will really be surprised at how much better you feel once it's gone. I am about your size....just a tad shorter at 5 foot. I feel so much thinner now that it's gone and happy not to feel the pressure everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2015, 04:40 PM

No your not alone! I totally feel the same way. Feels full, big, and dont really have pain just a strange twindge feeling sometimes on my right side. I think everything is moving/adjusting. I have surgery in January and really cant wait. Hope you feel better and hang in there!
Unread 12-12-2015, 05:24 PM

I feel pressure. I have a 10 cm fibroid attached outside the uterus and my uterus is almost the same size. A lot of "stuff" is being pushed on inside. I'm 5'4". It feels like I am an overfilled balloon ready to pop.
Unread 12-12-2015, 05:31 PM

Thanks for making me feel that I am not crazy. For the past year or two I have been exercising and watching what I eat but my abdomen still seemed to get bigger. I am looking forward to the surgery and to not being anemic also.
Unread 12-12-2015, 07:25 PM

No dear friend, you are not imagine this feeling of pressure - ugh! Back when all my "fun" started, I was constantly running to the bathroom and feeling sluggish and swollen too. It was awful as I couldn't figure out what what going on. Long story short, 3 doctors confirmed that this swelling and painful pressure was a result of my fibroids pushing on my organs. They were twisted and were pushing on my enlarged uterus as a bonus.

Please never question your own instincts. If you don't feel right, pursue it!

Hugs and please try to relax a bit.
Unread 12-13-2015, 03:20 PM

I've got it. I never had the bad pain-only period cramps. But lately, bloating and my belly pokes out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register