more troubles....my oh my - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

more troubles....my oh my more troubles....my oh my

Unread 05-20-2001, 09:58 AM
more troubles....my oh my

Hi,
I live an 90 mins. away from WDW . We were planning to go and see my niece and nephew march in HS band at the Magic Kingdom the 7th though the 12th of June . When I found out my surgery date of June 8th. My kids(12&13 yo) were extremely bummed! I know now that even if I could go , I could'nt do all that walking!!!!!!!! The only advantage though If you could rent a wheelchair , that would get you to the front of some of the lines! It all depends on how you feel. It's also possible to have a wonderful relaxing time at WDW at a slower pace. Take advantage of the pool or whirlpool. You can make it an R&R trip. Just avoid the lines. They stress me out the most! For more Info on things to do go to www.disneyfan.com Under Forums click on Discussion Boards. I wish you the best in your decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2001, 10:35 AM

For Lahfrog, when you talked about renting a wheelchair, I hope you didn't mean for yourself after surgery! That would be a huge NO-NO. You can't ride around in a bolt upright position like that all day. Not good for healing, circulation, gas, you name it.

As for going to Disney World prior to surgery. What's the big deal? If you are not in daily pain or bleeding like Niagra Falls then GO! One doesn't need to rest up prior to surgery. You will get plenty of rest post-surgery! I had major surgery 5 years ago and I was a maniac trying to get things done before I went in and I was literally up ALL night the night before. What the heck anyway, you'll get some really deep sleep for a few hours at the hospital! My vote is for you to go and have a good time.

Unfortunately, sometimes our significant other can really be a pig. People often surprise us with how they handle big stressers. I'm sorry he isn't being the kind of supportive guy you want/need right now. The only two suggestions I have are: (1) If he won't go to the doctor's appt. with you then will he read information? I would see if the doctor has some basic info on hysters. or print things off here. I would be very selective in what I gave him in case his interest fades before he gets to something important. (2) Have you actually sat down and told him the things you are telling us? Too often we expect someone to KNOW what we are feeling, but they can't mind read. So you are responsible for letting hubby know how you feel and why.

One statement you made concerned me. You said, "He won't go to the md with me, but of course i have to go with him every time." Why is that? Does he force you to go, do you insist on going? Perhaps it might aid your cause if you did not. What if you simply said something to the effect that , "No, I don't think it's necessary for me to be there. You are a strong person and can handle it on your own just as I handle my appts alone." It doesn't have to be said rudely or angrily at all. Just matter of factly. Perhaps without you in attendance it might ring a bell with him.

Have a grand time at Disney World, ride everything you can and enjoy. You'll have plenty of time to rest up when you get home!
Hugs,
Miranda
Unread 05-20-2001, 11:07 AM

Hi... I'm from S Fla. too...Palm City(east coast). Personally, I would go and have a great time!!! There will be plenty of time to rest afterwards. Besides, I usually make myself into a nut case prior to surgery, and totally exhaust myself trying to get everything "ready"! It would help me take my mind off it! Sue
Unread 05-20-2001, 12:21 PM

Oh! Noooo Miranda We canceled our trip. I would still be in the Castle . If the dates would of permited I would go but not as my crazed see everthing in one day self. I'm just suggesting to Boss1 that there is so much to do at WDW that is less stressful. Believe me Memorial Day Weekend is going to be crowded! Temps in the high 80's to 90's. I don't know if walking bothers anyone else but you do alot that it is even much on a person who is feeling up to par. I have the pressure on the nerves in the legs thing goin on. Boss1 You have the the passes seeing everthing is not a priority this trip . Have some quality family time and enjoy!
Unread 05-20-2001, 05:25 PM

I'm thinking I may be missing something here, but unless you're not feeling well now, there's no reason why you can't go to DW. Let the family help prepare for the castle as much as you can before you go. I've never heard that a dr advised a patient to rest before their surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register