Meals I can prepare ahead of time? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Meals I can prepare ahead of time? Meals I can prepare ahead of time?

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Meals I can prepare ahead of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety_bird76
MsDee, when you did the goulash, did you add the noodles also? This is one of my family's favorites but I'm not sure about freezing the noodles. I plan on getting some frozen dinners and make some stuff that my husband can heat up in the oven or microwave. My surgery will be the day after Christmas so they will have leftovers to get them through the week while I'm on vacation at the castle lol!
Yes, I added the noodles to the recipe. If it can't be made and then frozen all together, then I won't make it. It has to be EASY. You can freeze spaghetti as well. Just don't cook the noodles too soft. Heck, you could make hamburger helper and freeze it. Most things can be frozen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Do you have a Super Suppers or Dream Dinners franchise near you? Those places are great for multiple meal preparation and don't cost a whole lot more than if you did it yourself. Everything is there, all chopped up and ready for you to assemble. You can make a weeks worth of dinners in about an hour, then freeze them until you use them. The you just defrost and cook in the oven. The food is great and it really helps with the time consumption. I do not like to cook so I go to my local Super Suppers at least once a month. You can look it up on the web-search "meals to assemble" or something like that to find a place near you. I can't say enough about these places!
Lori
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM

hi there i go in for my op on 22nd nov im going for a big food shop this thur and going to cook loads of dishes to freeze over the weekend so my hubby and 2 children can have meals easy while im in the castle and will still have meals in freezer when i come home my hubby will do all the cooking when i get home for a little while hes off work for 2 weeks.... ive got all my christmas presants done and wrapped ready and wrote all my christmas cards out to friends and family so i know i can relax a bit when i get home and hopefully be fit for christmas day with my family good luck to all you ladies keep intouch big hugs to you all xxx
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDee2
Yes, I added the noodles to the recipe. If it can't be made and then frozen all together, then I won't make it. It has to be EASY. You can freeze spaghetti as well. Just don't cook the noodles too soft. Heck, you could make hamburger helper and freeze it. Most things can be frozen.

Thanks, good luck to all of you who are fixing to have your surgeries.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:35 PM

I go in on Tursday ad I have been cooking my butt off today and will be 2morrow too. I made a huge turkey dinner [I have 5 boys] with all the fixings and plan to freeze alot. Ham too. Ive already made a weeks worth of meals for my boys to just heat up in the micro. They have theier snacks ready , all Im worried about is the mini-vacation coming up next week. I forgot all about lunches,ARGH!!!!!!!! Well that gives me even more t do 2morrow and it will help speed the time by,SHEW!!!!
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:08 PM

My surgery is on December 4th. For the past few weeks, I've made "extra" meals to freeze for the upcoming event. I froze chili, spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, and enchiladas. All of these can be heated either in the oven, microwave, or on the stove. Also, consider asking family, friends, co-workers to drop off meals rather than flowers or other gifts. Best of luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register