hyst in 2002 pain in right side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hyst in 2002  pain in right side hyst in 2002 pain in right side

Unread 11-05-2004, 07:56 PM
hyst in 2002 pain in right side

I had my hyst in may of 2002 they took my uterus it was inlarged. They took my lift overie it had cyist and endometry. They took my cevix because it had pre cancerous cells . My right side hurts from time to time , I have vaginal dryness badly. I have no sex drive and am very very moody even depressed at times. I was just wondering if my overie is even working anymore , and if I going through menopause. I am only 31. If anyone has any answers write back. I also don't understand why when I have c-section scar going from side to side , why they would cut me up and down when they couldn't do a vaginal lap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2004, 04:59 AM

Hi bebopen2002;
I would suggest you call your doctor and be seen. You may need some blood work done to see how things are.
You may also want to talk with him/her about your vaginal dryness. They may be able to help you with that with medicine or suggest a good product for you to use.
I would suspect they cut you vertical because they couldn't get what they could without a larger incision? Just a thought.
Ask your doctor about that as well! I think you really need to be seen with everything you are experiencing! Make a list of everything you wrote here and ask for some answers!

Good luck to you! Let us know how you are doing!

Sybie
Unread 11-06-2004, 11:49 AM

Perhaps it could be your ovary that's in pain, some women I know who've had hysts experience this - either adhesions and ovulation pain, or cysts. Definitely do please check with your doctor, pain could be a symptom of many things.

If you have had a C-section then they generally don't want to use the same incision when they do the next surgery which is why you have another line. Perhaps they felt they couldn't easily do two horizontal lines. I have known women who have had multiple surgeries and unfortunately, they say their bellies look like a railroad track.

Hope you feel better soon.

s,

Floppsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2004, 07:27 AM

HI bebopen

It does sound like you might benefit from some type of low dose estrogen. I would definently discuss with your doctor what kind of pain and symptoms you are having.

There are women who have kept their ovaries and use some form of HRT. Here is an article about ovaries working after a hysterectomy. Ovaries working
You can ask your doctor to run a FSH blood test to see if your remaining ovary is doing it's job properly. If you would like to try a test at home here is an interesting article about doing that. Ovary test

Also for future reference here is a list to see if you might have other symptoms of estrogen deficency.
Too much/Too little

Another thing to consider is maybe asking your doctor for some type of vaginal estrogn cream to help with the dryness. There are some women who have had good relief by adding that.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Please keep us informed on how things are going.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register