Let's talk about sex. - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex.

Unread 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Re: Let's talk about SEX!!

PS - We go through a lot of Astro Glide LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM

I was so needing & wanting sex 4week after my TAH. I had sex (dr ok'd it) & it was wonderful each time we did it. Now my sex drive & desire has demenished something bad. I have no desire whatsoever.
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:55 PM

This may sound crazy ~ but here goes anyways!

I was just telling DH yesterday about how I feel like I've almost lost my best friend through this whole ordeal... before the surgery my hoo haa and I had a wonderful understanding relationship ~ Now? I feel as though she is ignoring me! I have tried to console her but she's not really budging! Is she really mad at me?? I miss the intimacy we once shared... when does it come back? I get hopeful sputters of that lovvin' feelin' ~ then poof it leaves the building!

I'm not used to NOT wanting it as much now, I guess! But boy oh boy, i miss what once was................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM

I get that. She is supposed to be in the best shape of her life, just like rolled off the show room floor. So why do "WE" feel so different. I never had issues after childbirth, and she was a trainwreck after those. I'm perplexed also, it can't be like having a mastemectomy because everything looks the same. I think with me even though I was done having kids, its still a loss. Maybe we are just in a mourning phase. Certainly, well logically anyway, the DH's can't care as long as they get "it" I think they are ok.
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Its gone. This was my biggest fear. Too young not to hv a sex life w/o my period. My DBF has no clue I feel this way, but imagine he has notice that I am not all over him as before.
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM

You girls are scaring me!!! I'm only two weeks post op so DH and I still have to wait a while. Last night we got a little TOO close to going against doctor's orders. Luckily my DH was the strong one and said we needed to stop...darnit! But he's right. I used to not have a sex drive and now that we can't do anything about it I have a crazy drive!! Now I'm reading about you girls losing yours...I'm scared. I think my DH would go crazy if we ended up doing it less than we did before surgery...it was rare to begin with because of pain...

I guess I'll start crossing my fingers now. As for those of you who are having a hard time, maybe part of the problem is that we are just too busy over thinking the whole thing? Need to not think so much...
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:02 PM

Smallfry9 - I am hoping I am just over thinking things and my sex drive will come back, but right now it is gone! I don't like the way I feel right now........
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:33 PM

salorig - I really hope things get better for you!! You are kind of where I was BEFORE surgery so I think I can somewhat relate. It is such a frustrating position to be in. I'm hoping that maybe you are just dealing with so many things mentally and emotionally that this is just having an effect on your sex drive. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that things get better and quickly!!
Unread 05-05-2010, 08:16 PM

My libido is in overdrive because it's been 7 weeks....
in a somewhat new relationship so that's part of it
believe i'll get to try it out tomorrow
Know it works solo.....
apprehensive to say the least!
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM

I pray that mine will come back. Its like I am emotionless as well. Wht did this surgery do to me. Lol its all good becz BF & I are having a disagreement at the moment.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register