What did they send you home with for pain? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What did they send you home with for pain? What did they send you home with for pain?

Unread 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Re: What did they send you home with for pain?

Lydia,
You should call and demand more. Drs are so wary of prescribing narcotics these days that it has become an issue of compromising patient care which it terrible. My surgeon told me in my Pre-op visit and again as I was being taken into surgery that she doesn't like to prescribe narcotics which is INSANE, that's what these drugs are for. You are entitled to have your pain managed effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Lydia, please let us know what happens this morning. I keep thinking of you and am wondering how you are holding up with pain. I sure hope they give you better meds!

My best wishes to you!
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Norco doesnt do anything for me, but Percocet works great (10 mgs). The only bad thing is that it cannot be called into the pharmacy since it is a schedule 3 medication. You have to go pick up the prescription at the dr office and bring to pharmacy. Dont feel bad calling your dr! You deserve pain relief
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM

i had 600mg of Motrin and dilaudid
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM

I came home with 800mg of Ibuprofen and 5mg Norco...I dont really need the Norco, but Im keeping up with the ibuprofen for swelling
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM

I was given Tramacet and Diclofenac. They seem to work, but at times I think I need something stronger!
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:43 PM

I was sent home with dilaudid. he was going to give me percocet but that makes me so sick. I was also told gas x and stool softener.
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Thanks to all you ladies. You women are awesome! I called my doctors office and asked if they could give me something stronger because the 5m Norco wasn't even scrathing the surface. They fought me at first and I had to fight back. They finally called me in 500mg vicoprofen. Hot Dog!!!! I feel better already. God bless y'all.
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Yay! Im glad you advocated for yourself and have relief!
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM

I think it's sad how we have to fight for the correct pain management. Every woman's body is different and certain pain meds affect women differently. I don't like being treated like an addict because I'm not one. That is exactly how they made me feel today. I am in tune with my body and I know what works for me. I don't want so much pain medication to where it puts me completely out of it because I do want to be aware of my surroundings but at the same time I want something to somewhat alleviate the pain. I just wish they wouldn't make women feel this way. Sorry ladies. I had to vent a little. Love all you and hope you are pain free for the most part.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register