dVH/RALH What Is This RASH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What Is This RASH? What Is This RASH?

Unread 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM
What Is This RASH?

Hi- I have lots on itching around all my incisions ugh!!! I have noticed a pinkish rash/welt around my big incision above my belly button. It's not bright red or warm to the touch. I have itched around my incisions this past week and I did show the dr ( no concerns then) but it's not gng away and I put some triple antibiotic cream every other day. Anyone with this experience???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Re: What Is This RASH?

Did you have DvH? I did, and about 2-3 weeks into recovery, it looked like prickly heat rash around every incision.

My doctor saw it when it wasn't as bad and said that I'm having a reaction to either the bandaids or the antibacterial cream. I think it was an allergic reaction to the cream.

It was so itchy I would scratch it by scratching circles around my incisions! Awful!!!

It lasted only a few days.

Good luck!!!!
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:32 PM

I had a DVH 11/21...just under 2 wks ago.

My entire stomach started itching around 5-6 days ago. At first it was for brief periods and it would always stop after a few minutes. Annoying... but there was only one time where it went on to the point where it was really getting to me. I put Lubriderm on it, not sure if it helped.

Then the steri strips started peeling off...I trimmed the ends 3 days ago with a scissors because they were catching on my clothes. It's all red there, worse on 2 incisions. Itchy and I thought the redness would go away but it hasn't. Cortisone cream didn't do a thing.

However, all of this is not as bad now as it was 1-2 days ago. And it was only for about 48 hrs when it really bothered me...and not all the time.

I've read here about all this happening so I'm not that concerned. But it is annoying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liloo View Post
Did you have DvH? I did, and about 2-3 weeks into recovery, it looked like prickly heat rash around every incision.

My doctor saw it when it wasn't as bad and said that I'm having a reaction to either the bandaids or the antibacterial cream. I think it was an allergic reaction to the cream.

It was so itchy I would scratch it by scratching circles around my incisions! Awful!!!

It lasted only a few days.

Good luck!!!!
YES @ Liloo=== This is exactly what i have. its amazing at the changes in my incisions at almost week 5. The bigger incision has the biggest rash/welt and everything is so itchy. i have recently put on triple antibiotic cream and with the itching some cortizone 10 (not alot). i think i shouldnt put anuthing on it , what do u think? did it go away? this is like my third day. yes i do the circling motions due although the dr said not to do it but its driving me insane at times. not to mention every piece of clothing is touching/irritating it. thanks for the reply
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper West Side View Post
I had a DVH 11/21...just under 2 wks ago.

My entire stomach started itching around 5-6 days ago. At first it was for brief periods and it would always stop after a few minutes. Annoying... but there was only one time where it went on to the point where it was really getting to me. I put Lubriderm on it, not sure if it helped.

Then the steri strips started peeling off...I trimmed the ends 3 days ago with a scissors because they were catching on my clothes. It's all red there, worse on 2 incisions. Itchy and I thought the redness would go away but it hasn't. Cortisone cream didn't do a thing.

However, all of this is not as bad now as it was 1-2 days ago. And it was only for about 48 hrs when it really bothered me...and not all the time.

I've read here about all this happening so I'm not that concerned. But it is annoying!

I am amazed that i am having the reaction being almost weeks post op.......especially when all my scabs are off my incisions UGH!!!! i am over this !!! thanks for the reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register