Ohhh Can I see your pictures? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ohhh Can I see your pictures? Ohhh Can I see your pictures?

Unread 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Ohhh Can I see your pictures?

I went to the Dr. today and got to see pictures from my lap.
I saw uterus and ovaries and to me they didn't look that bad...
I noticed on the web sight a few of you offered to show pictures of your innards and I know it sounds gross, but if you don't mind sharing I would like to see them.

Stupid me - I should have taken someone sane with me - even after reading all this info - I was like a deer in headlights. I just couldn't seem to find my voice or think of any questions. I guess its like when you are pregnant you really don't believe it until the doctor tells you and I guess I really didn't believe it. . . I wish I would have gotten copies of the pictures. I was just stupid and stunned. Guess who will be driving the doc crazy with questions on the phone? LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 04:32 AM

Some of the ladies here have pics to show.I believe that if you look to the left of this post under your user name, you'll see [profile] [pictures] [PM]............don't know in what order they are click on the pictures one and you should be able to see the pics.
I'm sorry I can't remember who it was on here, but she said to click on hers and if your not quesy...........she posted pics of her Uterus.
I found it VERY interesting myself!!! I am hoping my Gyn will either allow me to see my parts that go, or take a few pics for me
Good luck!
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:26 PM

Go ahead and click on "My Photos" under my information. Seeing those pictures really helped me deal with the reasons for my surgery.

I am like you -- I probably should have been a doctor because this stuff really fascinates me.

Go ahead and ask for copies of the photos if you want them. They should be able to get you copies. I asked my doc to take pictures and it was no problem at all -- they get the request fairly frequently.

My best to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 02:29 PM

mjd2491,
I saw the pictures that you posted. Was your uterus enlarged? I can't tell how big it is. Is that long thing the cervix? Do you know, what part gets left if they leave the cervix?

Thanks for sharing! I never really knew what it meant by "leaving the cervix".

lisandboo
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:52 PM

The cervix is usually about 3-3.5 cm. across, so that gives you an idea. Yes, that round thing that looks like it was on a handle is the cervix.

I would say my uterus was about 8 inches around -- almost perfectly round.
Unread 03-22-2005, 03:05 PM

mjd2491,
Thanks for the answer. I feel kinda weird asking these questions... I hope you don't mind. And whoa, you're uterus was pretty big!!! I'm glad you are doing better now.

thanks,
Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register