TVH back & forth sore | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH back & forth sore TVH back & forth sore

Unread 02-04-2006, 10:19 PM
TVH back & forth sore

I'm almost 4 weeks post op TVH, I think my stitches are dissolving and I went back to work half days 3 days ago. I was doing ok pain wise until I cleaned the house Wednesday night after my first day of returning to work. Now I'm worried that I've overdone it and I'm afraid of what damage I might have done. I'm not bleeding and the pain isn't too bad, just moderate cramping. How can I still be cramping when I don't have a utuerus any longer to contract?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2006, 10:25 PM
TVH back & forth sore

I am sorry you are hurting today. All the muscels, tendons, ligaments, everything in your pelvic and abdomen region can be affected when you have a hyst, regardless of the type of hyst. Thus, if you returned to work and cleaned all at once, your body is probably letting you know you need to back off a bit. It is best to ease back into your normal routine, adding only one or two new activites at a time. Try to get some extra this weekend, try to stay off your feet. If your pain becomes unbearable, you may need to call your dr's answering service. Best wishes to you!
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for responding!

Thank you for the advice. I've been taking small naps off and on since the day after I overdid it. I was feeling better this morning and went window shopping for bedroom furniture with my husband and halfway through had to stop and return home. I'm just frustrated that everyone has returned to normal except me. I don't have any external incisions or sutures, I stopped spotting over a week ago and my only other problem are the pressure sores on my butt that are halfway healed. All of my little helpers and supporters have magically disappeared. My husband has been working overtime almost everyday which leaves me to care for my two young boys and I ache badly and don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM
TVH back & forth sore

What you are saying happens to many ladies a few weeks into their recovery. Do you have friends or relatives you could call to watch your boys for awhile so you can rest? And it is not uncommon for ladies to have a set back a few weeks into their recovery--partially due to feeling better so you start doing more without thinking about it. I would put off shopping of any kind for a while longer and do your best to take it easy. It is hard to do that will little ones and your DH working extra hours. My MIL was our lifesaver after my hyst. in there!
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:48 PM
TVH back & forth sore

Thanks. My mom came out for the first two weeks. My MIL lives in town, but is pretty much clueless. You have to hold her by the hand and draw her a map with detailed instructions and repeat 5 times before she begins to catch on to the tiny little thing you've asked her to do. I don't know how my DH survived childhood. Other than that I have no other family in the area and my best friend has just bought a house and is still trying to start a family after 5 years of trying. Lots of MD appts for her. Would you still have a hysterectomy if you had to do it all over again?
Unread 02-05-2006, 01:08 AM
TVH back & forth sore

I know how you feel. It all seems too much when the initial help and interest has gone and we still need to rest up. My DH, who has been good- I feel a bit disloyal saying this but I will- actually told me a while ago I was tired because I needed to start doing more. I just exploded- who was doing the laundry? Who was cooking? the list went on...

Look after yourself as best you can. I tried to just do one extra bit at a time. I know it's hard. Try to really think of what is essential. Caring for the children is and basic food requirements. Don't do any extra. Cleaning and so on can wait.

Thinking of you
Marion

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register