dVH/RALH Surgery Yesterday - Was able to go home the same day. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Yesterday - Was able to go home the same day. Surgery Yesterday - Was able to go home the same day.

Unread 08-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Surgery Yesterday - Was able to go home the same day.

My surgery was yesterday morning @ 7:30 am (EST). I went to the "castle" at 6:15am (EST). I was given something to relax me. Then was quickly taking in to operation holding room. Hooked up to TWO IVs one in each arm. They said they do that for the DaVinci operations, due to having to change sided.

The last think I remember was they pushed me into the OR and I was put on the OR table and given something the something by the anesthesiologist. She said, you'll be out with 15 secs. (And I was). The next thing remember them waking me in to my recovery and taking me to my room.

I had told my GYN and the anesthesiologist that my worse fear is the pain from the gas. Just having undergone a surgery in June for another surgery. She said she'd be extra sure that excess gas gets taken out of me.

When I woke up in recovery, I was amazing that I didn't have any chest/shoulder pain gas. I was thrilled. When they took me to my room. My nurse was there setting me up. I still had the "cath" in at that time. Instead of pain pump they gave me pain meds IV. I was fine at that point. I the nurse about having the cath removed. She said, "Oh no you have to have it until the you are about to leave tomorrow morning. I told her that my GYN said she never leaves the "cath" in for that long and I had to pee so bad, and it was just the "cath" making me feel the urge to pee. She said go ahead you have the "cath" in. I said you don't understand, I feel like I have to PEE badly, but I can't due to the irritation from the "cath". She still insisted it was just the "cath" making me feel that way. I asked her to call my GYN to see if they can remove it.

About an hour later, she came in and took it out. I told her I was ready to get up and go into the bathroom and pee. She said, "Whatever, you won't be able to pee yet". So I went to the bathroom and peed. She was astonished. She mentioned that the doctor would consider releasing me since I had gone to the bathroom. I was thrilled. My GYN came in around 5p.m. and asked if I was up to going home if I felt I could rest better there. I said, "YES".

Apparently, my room was one in Labor and Delivery. How ironic, huh? (I told my doctor that's just cruel) LOL. She also did the TVT surgery (Urethra Sling) She said my uterus looked ok except she found a few more fibroid on the outside of my uterus, in addition to those we knew I had inside the lining.

My GYN said "ok, I go ahead and discharge you, but remember, just because the incision look good and small doesn't mean I have not just had a major operation and go home and straight to bed."

I wasn't able to sleep while in my room at the castle and it was 11:00 pm (EST) before I was able to get to sleep. I woke up with a lot of pain about 1 hour ago and just took some pain meds. I am hoping to be able to get back to sleep, but my insides feel like they have glass in my pelvic area. Very sore and painful.

Anyway, I was just checking in. Will write more of about my progress as the days go by. So glad to have this over and behind me.

I hope everyone else has a speedy recovery. Sending healing prayers to those post-surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register