My newest worry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My newest worry My newest worry

Unread 11-04-2002, 04:15 PM
My newest worry

I know this is gonna sound weird but here goes....

I have a lot of stretch marks from having my kids. They are very wide ( 1/4 inch) not to mention they cover the bottom half of my stomach completely. The skin seems so incredibly thin on them. They have even broke open and bled if I bump them.

My concern is about the incision. How on earth will it heal when I have all these stretch marks?? Will the staples even work or will they just tear this already too thin skin?

Sorry if this is creeping you out, but it's my latest worry and I don't want my doc to think I'm psycho. I'm hoping someone out there has dealt with this.

M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Now I am worried about that too

I have the same thing - stretch marks that are deep and wide. I am sure the Drs,. have dealt with this many times, but it will be interesting to hear what our other sisters have to say.
Unread 11-04-2002, 04:33 PM
My newest worry

I have had the same concern! I have a couple deep stretch marks right around the area where the incision will be. THe skin is very thin and sometimes they get little blood blisters under them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2002, 05:41 AM
My newest worry

It's good to know at least I'm not the only one who has thought about this.

Thanks!
Unread 11-05-2002, 06:00 AM
me too!

I have the same problem with stretch marks but never even thought about them possibly causing problems during surgery! Oh no!! now I've got something else to worry about, and only six more days to go.

Sandy
Unread 11-05-2002, 07:18 AM
My newest worry

This is something you each should talk to your DR about. Don't worry, they've heard it all before and will not think you are psycho! I think they will be able to put your mind to rest. Best Wishes.
Unread 11-05-2002, 07:44 AM
My newest worry

I have the kind of stretch marks you all describe. Had my tah/bso on 9/27 with a vertical incision. Have had no problems whatsoever.

Please discuss any concerns you have with your dr prior to surgery. Best wishes to you all, ladies.

Mongie
Unread 11-05-2002, 10:24 AM
stretch marks with staples...

Hi ladies!!

Of course, double check with your doctor, but my personal experience was fine. When I was younger, I had some medical problems that left me with my stomach looking more like a topographical road map (because of the stretch marks) than skin. When I was 18, I had to have my gallbladder removed. Back in the old days before they used this itty bitty little incision around your belly button. I, of course, ended up with a rather nasty scar. It was not only stitched closed, but also had staples. My staples were never a problem and the skin never ripped or teared. I had wondered that myself at the time. I have no scars from the staples either. Considering the way the scar itself looks now, maybe they should have just used a few extra staples and skipped the bad sewing job.

Wishing you all the best!!!

((((Hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register