A few words to help those early on in their recovery! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A few words to help those early on in their recovery! A few words to help those early on in their recovery!

Unread 12-01-2006, 06:50 AM
A few words to help those early on in their recovery!

Hi Sisters!

In a couple days I will be 10 weeks out. I have been where so many of you're now. You hurt and feel blah and wonder if you'll ever feel better again. I want to say YES, you will feel better. I could tell from the 6-7 week mark it got better each week.

Once you get cleared at 6 weeks, you will find doing things tires you easily and you lack energy. I think it's from the surgery and also that we didn't do much for weeks so our bodies are out of shape from that. I found by forcing myself more each day to do more it is actually helping me build my stamina back. It helps keeping a great attitude and being positive, and keeping faith in God to help you through.

I know for so many of you right now are only a week or little more out and wondering if you ever will feel normal again. It takes time and patience, but yes you will get back to being you. I am doing everything now I did preop, except I don't lift very heavy items...just to be safe. I still get an occasional day or two where I have some pains, but doable ones.

You all will survive this. Just keep the faith in God and believe in yourself you can conquer this and you will. Attitude and positiveness is a must in anything in life.

Hummm, I guess I said more than just a few words LOL...oh well, I just wanted to help those of you today who are feeling down and like this will never end.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2006, 08:28 AM

s SisterAngel! It's great to hear positive things are ahead. I am going stir crazy from sitting around doing nothing. On top of that I found that with the boredom, I eat. I have 5 more weeks before my dr will think about releasing me to do my "normal" things. He is afraid that the horses will bump into me and cause additional problems. I know that he is just looking out for my best interests, but my horses are my babies and are the only way I keep sane. It is driving me nuts that the horses are not getting groomed everyday and that they now have a winter coat (I usually blanket to prevent this). I am trying to be a good princess, but am not sure how much of this doing nothing I can take.

Shelby
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:59 AM

Hang in there SRK-I had my hysterectomy back in February, and I cried and cried because I couldn't get out there with my horses-my husband even blocked the doorway a few times so I couldn't go out there-just carrying their feed was something I missed terribly-and my goodness-the vacuuming-I never thought I would want to do that so badly-but I can tell you that all these months later-I have more energy and more of a love for life than I thought possible for a long time before my hysterectomy. Give yourself the time you need to have-your horses understand that you're not ok right now-and as long as they are fed and talked to-they will love you just the same. And just think-when you feel better-you'll have all that quality time with them while you're currying out those winter coats. Hang in there-and know that you're loved and I've said a prayer for you. Best of luck and wishes to you and your "babies."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2006, 10:48 AM

SisterAngel...I saw the title and knew that it was you that posted right away. You are the most positive and supportive sister. I know your new business is going to go well as good things do happen to good people. I always feel better when I read your posts. The new sisters are lucky to have you too. You inspired me to read and answer their questions too.
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:12 PM

I agree that Sisterangel is a godsend. You are destined to become a hostess. All the hostesses on this website are the greatest!!!

Thanks for all the comfort and information you all share.
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:30 PM

Thanks girls for you nice words. I just love to help others. There is nothing than makes me feel better than doing for others. For me, it's the most rewarding thing I can do.

I'm glad I have made you all feel better..that was my goal

Hang in there and know that this too, shall pass. One thing about life is we're always getting new beginnings...so no matter how bad something seems now, you'll still get a new beginning somewhere down the road.

Be good to yourselves, rest, don't over do, and get some walking in. Do this and you'll heal just fine Good luck to you all and God bless!
Unread 12-01-2006, 02:15 PM

SisterAngel
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:24 PM

Thank you sooo much for this beautiful post. You have made me feel much better, that there is hope at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:58 PM

hi sister angel i am 3 days post opt from your date still healing and still feeling tired.the hardest part is peolpe saying well how was it? as though [it] is over! or well your surgery was weeks ago now you are fine...or arent you feeling great now! strange i try to have compassion but sometimes i want to scream and say its not over and im still healing and there is so much more going on then what you physically see!thanks. for you encouragement leela
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:05 PM

I have a friend who had foot surgery 3 days before my hyst and she got a blood clot. Her recovery has been very slow. She is the only one except all of you who don't have that "you are over it" mentality! Atleast we can come here, rant, and leave with a hug and some understanding! My friend does not know what she is missing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register