Preop at the Hospital Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preop at the Hospital Today Preop at the Hospital Today

Unread 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Preop at the Hospital Today

Had my preop appointment at the hospital this afternoon. I must say it was a good experience. The nurse who did most of it was male which at first made me feel a little weird. But I must say he was the nicest person I have met in a long time. First was a clean catch urine sample. He handed me the cup and said I guess u know how to do a clean catch...probably because I was still in my nursing scrubs since I had just gotten off of work. I was worried about the urine test because I have been spotting for the past couple of days..how do u tell that to a guy so they dont think I am bleeding from my kidneys or bladder. We then went into his office and he asked me the normal questions of past medical and surgical history. He gets to my last period..I said to him well I am spotting pretty good today so I think it is making its appearance now...so if u get blood in the urine test that is why and I smile LOL. He writes it down..and looks up at me and says woohoo last period. I couldnt help but laugh..he set me at ease right there. He then told me his wife was having the same surgery as I was having in January. He was so easy to talk to. He took my blood and sent in the anesthesiologist. She was very nice too. Told her I didnt want to throw up and she said they will make sure I dont. Got my soap to wash my belly with the morning of surgery and instructions to not eat after midnight. WOOHOO no liquid diet or bowel prep. Even ran into my surgeon in the lobby at the coffee shop. She said see u next Monday. I have to call them Friday afternoon to get what time I have to report to the hospital Monday morning. I am soooo glad I had such wonderful people today..it kinda eased my mind a bit about the whole surgery. Sorry so long guys just wanted to share my positive experience.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Re: Preop at the Hospital Today

YAY for a good experience!! Good luck!
Unread 10-04-2010, 09:11 PM

Glad you had such a positive experience for your pre-op. I will be thinking of you next week as you head to the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Good luck! I'm scheduled for my pre-admission and pre-op on Thursday afternoon. My surgery is next Wednesday. I'm so ready!
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM

I had my pre-op today as well. It went great and imagine my surprise when leafing through the hospitals magazine there is a photo of my doc. It was their Ob/Gyn issue and he is quoted in it. The nurses and techs were wonderful especially the hematologist who when she found out I was having a hysterectomy was so positive and encouraging. I'm all settled and ready for the 18th
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Horray for a great Pre-Op! It's so refreshing to get nurses that truly care. My pre-op is on Thursday. GOOD LUCK on Monday1
Unread 10-05-2010, 01:03 PM

That is so good Tracy, I too had a good experience at my pre-op last week. So I know it helps calm the nerves.
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Great! Goodluck with everything. Mine is Tuesday, so we're close sisters.
Unread 10-06-2010, 01:39 AM

That is fantastic! I have my pre-op with both my doctor and the hospital tomorrow afternoon. I hope my experience is as great as yours! My surgery is Monday, 10/11. There's a lot of us here close!
Valerie
Unread 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM

My pre-op is friday my surgery is 10/15
Glad to know it won't be that bad!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register