Post Op BP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:08 AM
Post Op BP

Had my LAVH yesterdasy morning. Took out cervix & uterus, left ovaries for hormonal purposes. She told my husbasnd that there was something in there that was enlarged so she took them out. He doesn't remember what it was so I'll ask when she makes her rounds. She gave my hubby before & after pics. lol Pain was/is minimal. Doc set me up with a morphine pump. I didn't use it for awhile, but when I started rolling onto my sides & coughing I used it a few times. Took bladder cath out a couple hours ago. Right now they have me sitting up in a chair hoping it will help raise my blood pressure.. It has been running low since midnight, about 87/46. It's 90/55 now. The nurse said they may keep me a little longer for observstion, but I'll know more when the doc comes in.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Re: Post Op BP

Hi Kim, how are things going with you today? Has your pressure improved any?

(((HUGS)))
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandatd View Post
Hi Kim, how are things going with you today? Has your pressure improved any?

(((HUGS)))
My pressure is up to 112/67. I think the drop was caused by the pain meds. I haven't taken anything since yesterday afternoon, but I'm feeling discomfort now & I may take something by bedtime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 03:49 PM

It's good to hear that it has improved. If you think that it's the pain meds that is causing the drop, let your doctor know so that it can be changed because if you are in pain you don't want to wait until it is unbearable before taking something. It'll take longer to work. You want to stay ahead of the pain.
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Mine ran really low too and they said it was the anesthesia. I have had hypertension for years so it was odd. After a few weeks it went right back to normal. I took my pain meds every 4-6 hours as prescribed, I wanted zero pain! Lol
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ222 View Post
Mine ran really low too and they said it was the anesthesia. I have had hypertension for years so it was odd. After a few weeks it went right back to normal. I took my pain meds every 4-6 hours as prescribed, I wanted zero pain! Lol
That sounds exactly like me. I am on a diuretic for my hypertension. I don't want the pain to get too bad so I think I am going to go ahead & take my meds. I do have a blood pressure cuff so I can monitor it.
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Yep, be smart. I didn't continue to take my two different bp meds while it was low though.
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:10 PM

I haven't taken my bp med today. I am realizing the pain meds are top priority for now.
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:04 PM

Atta girl! It drives me nuts to see people say they were never given pain meds or they just didn't need them or want them. Lol, I'm still taking them at night 9 weeks later! It's because of the muscle aches and joint pain now though.
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:09 PM

Oh, I wanted them. I do not like pain! I just honestly didn't need them during the day. But I think all the up & down to the bathroom & rolling over in the bed has caught up with me this afternoon. I plan on sleeping well tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register