TVH How many of you had sex at 6 weeks post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many of you had sex at 6 weeks post op? How many of you had sex at 6 weeks post op?

Unread 11-01-2013, 09:30 AM
How many of you had sex at 6 weeks post op?

My 6 week post op check up is next week. I can't believe I'm almost there! So many emotions leading up to my hysterectomy that I can't believe how fast it's all gone.

My dear sweet hubby who has been very supportive and kind through this whole journey, has been so looking forward to getting the go ahead on sex.

I'm just wondering how many of you actually had sex after your 6 week check up? Most of the time I feel pretty good. I am a bit sore and tired at the end of the day. I have a bit of spotting here and there, but not every day.

I just am nervous and unsure about wanting to have sex. I told my hubby that if the Dr says all is well, maybe we can just "fool around" the first few times and skip intercourse and let me have an orgasm and make sure that still works. He's like "of course!" I've don't things for him, but I've stuck to the whole "pelvic rest" advice from my Dr.

You would think after 20 years of marriage I would be so excited to be with my hubby again. I am. I do have the feelings, I'm just nervous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2013, 09:50 AM

Had my four week yesterday. Dr said I still have a few stitches left but that they should be gone in a few weeks. I feel amazing! Anyway, she said most doctors agree that intercourse should really wait three months, but she knows that's not realistic for most people so they typically allow it sooner. That being said, my fears of damaging something inside outweigh all else so I'm going to do my best to wait as long as we can. I am back to cycling and look forward to running again at my six week mark.
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Re: How many of you had sex at 6 weeks post op?

I hear you!! I am actually one week and two days post op. I've read that an increase in libido is possible after a hysterectomy and I have really had the um..urge lol. I can't, of course, do anything about it. But my mother-in-law was telling me that several months after her own surgery her and her husband..( as a daughter-in-law I DO NOT want to know this information but as a post surgery patient I do!) an undissolved stitch actually made my father-in-law bleed during intercourse. But yes, I am so curious about this and would love to read any posts and updates on this thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM

I had a TAH/BSO--At 6 weeks my doctor told me at least 3 more weeks for healing. I'm 8 weeks out so still waiting. Honestly some days I feel like 'no way not going to happen'. But I think I'll know when I feel comfortable enough once my healing is complete. Check with your doctor to make sure you're physically ready. I know it is important to significant others but make sure you're ready.
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM

I had TAH/BSO and with multiple bladder infections and a cuff abscess then infection I wasn't cleared until 9 weeks. We were both so scared that we waited another full week after being cleared to try. We finally did and it was just fine!
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM

I am 11 days post TVH and my libido is thru the roof!!!
I actually called my doctor this morning and asked if I am allowed "outter course" and to have a orgasm. Yup, I called and asked! LOL
He said that if I felt the desire, to go for it!
I have been so so scared about how it feels without my uterus. I would like to tell you ladies, that for ME. It was the best orgasm I have ever had. I'm not even kidding. It WAS different. But it was amazing and lasted forever. I thought it might hurt my stitches where my cervix use to be, but I had zero pain. I did notice however that I produced ZERO fluid down there ( don't worry, didn't put anything in there) hopefully that returns.
My advice for the 6 week mark. Lots of foreplay. LOTS of lube and take things very slow.
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:19 PM

i had a LAVH and waited 6 weeks exactly before sex.... though my husband was going bonkers weeks before (ugh!)... i was nervous because my cervix is gone so whats there? lol! but it was torally fine and my orgasm lasted forever! i thought it was just because its been so long but after reading JACKIE001's post im wondering if there is more to it.... we shall see!
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usatara View Post
i had a LAVH and waited 6 weeks exactly before sex.... though my husband was going bonkers weeks before (ugh!)... i was nervous because my cervix is gone so whats there? lol! but it was torally fine and my orgasm lasted forever! i thought it was just because its been so long but after reading JACKIE001's post im wondering if there is more to it.... we shall see!
I was so excited about the Orgasm I called my husband at work to tell him about it!! LOL
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:54 PM

I will be 6 weeks on Tuesday.
my libido has been through the roof since week two Post-op. both me and my husband is so ready. I am scared to death about hurting myself. But, as much as I hate it. I am going to wait for the green light from my doctor.
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM

I had a very uneventful recovery with zero spotting or bleeding. I could not get in to see my doctor until the 7th week. At that point I was cleared for sex even though I had stitches left in my cuff. My husband and I had sex the next night and everything went great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register