13 days post op- still incontinence | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 days post op- still incontinence 13 days post op- still incontinence

Unread 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
13 days post op- still incontinence

First time i've posted since op.
could have gone better. i was in OR for 3.5hrs i was a mess.still have ovaries and tubes and this was a lifeline. and they obviously knicked or caterized my bladder as i had blood in urine or instead of urine for 3 days. blood clots wrong size cathaders put in. bladder infection
day 2- blood transfusion, sat in my own blood urine for 3 hours.
3 more days to figure out why i'm still not able to urinate on own incontinence wearing pads/ poise diapers . some control day 7- sent me home- they wanted to send me home with a cathader on day 5.
i still have no control
day 13- i now have extreme night sweats/ hot flashes during day and night started 2 days ago.
pain is manageable, more bladder, kidney pain than incision.
wondering if ovaries still will give mid cycle smurts. if this is the pain i'm experiencing.
on naproxen, iron pills, amoxi clav for bladder infection. stool softeners, if needed tylenoll 3.
not sleeping . geting up to go to br every 1.5hrs. trying to do too much and feeling it. incision is starting to itch at top of belly button driving my crazy sometimes. so the questionis will i fix myself or will i be facing medications or surgery to correct this problem. trading one problem for another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Re: 13 days post op- still incontinence

Hi may1972,

Are you still leaking urine? Is it all the time or just when you need to go?

It is so hard to say what the pain is but most likely it is pain from the surgery. The hot flashes and night sweats indicate your ovaries are not yet functional.

First thing please stop trying to do so much and just rest. You should be getting up and walking around as much as your body allows but no housework!

Unread 09-11-2012, 06:49 AM

THANKS MOLLY50
i still have incontinence, anytime anywhere AH RELIEF feeling. (like holding it for a long car ride then get to go and it's the most wonderful thing) yah, don't have that. i have to wear big think poise pads. doesn't matter if i'm sitting, lying, or standing it just dribbles all the time. am on antibodics but it doesn't seem tobe working. they put me on iv antibodics in hospital before i acquired bladder infection. i'm up at least 5 times a night, i can't get a good nights rest, i have to have a pad on bed for accidents. it's so embarrassing. will this ever go away? very hard not to do anything............ i am so bored!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Have they check you for a fistula? You might need to ask for a referral to a urologist if your surgeon can't help you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register