Scheduled TVH Shower before leaving the Castle? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shower before leaving the Castle? Shower before leaving the Castle?

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Shower before leaving the Castle?

Hi all! I am putting together a list of "things to pack" for my date May 13th and was curious should I take toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and soap? I am staying 1 night and my Dr makes his rounds at 7am, so will I feel like or be able to shower before leaving?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Re: Shower before leaving the Castle?

You will be given the opportunity to shower if you choose to. I myself chose to wait and shower in the comforts of my own home. I was groggy from the pain medicines and didn't feel like showering before leaving the hospital. I did pack an overnight bag but didn't use many of the items that I had along.

I say take those items along just in case you feel like showering. There is no harm in being prepared.
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Thank you luv2camp! I am so bad about Over packing but it's better to have and not need than need and not have right? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:24 PM

I was still foggy and adjusting to the pain so I opted to wait till I got home.
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:37 PM

I will most likely wait until I get home to shower but will bring toiletries Just in case... It is always so cold in the hospital=stepping out of the shower-burrrrr
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter55 View Post
I was still foggy and adjusting to the pain so I opted to wait till I got home.
Same for me. Shower didn't cross my mind till I was leaving and then I was told I needed to wait 24 hours before showering anyway.
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM

I didn't even think about showering for the first couple of days. I just slept most of the time so wasn't getting really icky ayway.
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM

To be honest I did not shower for 3 days post surgery .. first, I did not have the energy or the need (sponge bath .. baby wipes) and second, no one would get close enough to sniff me except my poodles.
There are lots of good "what to take" posts which for me included my ipad, (or ipod ..with headphones to listen to music) phone and charger, (maybe a small extension cord) hard candy AND candy for the nurses .. chapstick, baby wipes ..deo, warm comfy nightie ..slipper or non skid socks.. a pillow if not for the hospital for the ride home. An energy bar. A box of apple juice. A pair of granny panties (although the gave me a very elegant (not) hospital pair. A notepad and pen so you can write down what the doc says. (you will NOT remember) or questions you want to ask (you will DEFINATELY not remember).
EVEN if you have the need to shower, I certainly would not think of wetting your hair ..take a shower cap
EASY to put on going home clothes which means SWEATS AND SWEATSHIRT or a big comfy dress. Slip on shoes.
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:15 PM

I waited until I arrived home before showering. They provided me with toiletries at the hospital but I didn't want to deal with all the people coming in and out and the awkward shower and such. It was nice to be freshly cleaned when I got in my own bed. My husband stood outside the shower and held my OnQ bag and helped me in and out. He also helped dry me off and put lotion on my legs since I was not as bendable a usual. Doing all that in the hospital would have been a pain. I did being my own toothbrush and toothpaste though. I was glad I did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register