HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bleeding Tumor Bleeding Tumor

Unread 06-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Help Bleeding Tumor Questions

Hi all

A couple of questions, don't know if anyone can help. I'm trying very hard to educate myself about this thing. I have tried to find answers on the net and so far have not been successful. I have a internal, cancerous, bleeding tumor. The bleeding has become significantly worse over the past month and a half. My questions are:

1) Why do tumors bleed?
2) How long does it continue? I'm scheduled to start radiation/chemo therapy very soon. Will it continue then as well?

Well, I guess that's really 3 questions.. haha But I'm very curious. Especially since last night I found a huge blood clot. (normally its been very fresh, clear bleeding)

Thanks!

Maria
Unread 06-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Bleeding Tumor

I am no expert, but I believe many tumors are extremely vascular (one reason many of the new attacks they are researching include cutting off the blood supply to the tumor). My best guess is that with that many vessels in one place on something that doesn't exactly fit where it is, you are likely to see some bruising and bleeding. As to how much or how long, I would imagine that would depend on how vascular the tumor is.

I wish I knew better, but that's as good a guess as I can offer. Seems to make some sense at least (in an otherwise senseless world)
Unread 06-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Bleeding Tumor

I asked my parents (doctor and nurse) and neither of them seem to know. Many tumors have a blood source, but no one here is sure what would make the tumor itself bleed. I wish I could be of more help. I just wanted you to know that I at least tried to find an answer.
Unread 06-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Bleeding Tumor

I also don't know the answers to your questions. I do know that every once in a while my tumor bleeds also. It does'nt bleed very much and if it starts to get a little too much, I tell my Dr, which he quickly stops it. I'm not sure if the chemo or radiation will stop it, but I can tell you that the chemo (when working) stops my pain, so it could stop the bleeding I'm guessing.

I guess that wasn't very helpful maybe someone else will come along that has/had the same problem as you.

's and ers to you...
Unread 06-03-2003, 04:46 AM
Bleeding Tumor

yeah, it's strange, I can't seem to find the answer anywhere... I would think it has to do something with the good guys in our blood cells attacking the bad guys and then they all die and or rush out in a flood.... haha Thanks ladies for trying

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway