I'm back but may for a short time, HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm back but may for a short time, HELP! I'm back but may for a short time, HELP!

Unread 06-07-2003, 06:48 AM
I'm back but may for a short time, HELP!

Hi sisters,

Have returned from the castle yesterday against my dr's & others advice. If I don't start keeping down solid foods today I have to go back to the castle. Can't handle that, 7 days was long enough. Have to many battles to fight in there. I have 0 energy & my stomach must be the size of a pea! I was NPO for 5 days then ice chips for a day then bam FOOD! 1st just a spoonful of food nauseated me, then the smell now even the sight on tv or mag nauseates me. Help, I can't go back there. I have been like a taste contest for the last 24 hours. They even made me drink Ensure which really made me ill. I am drinking fluids but they keep insisting I need something solid in there or I will become dehydrated. Don't feel up to reading all the emails & posts right now but want to thank everyone! Surgery was 7 1/2 hours double what they thought because of massive lesions. Told the good news of possible complications due to that. Uro was afraid to go near my bladder at time but will do future tests to actually figure what went wrong. Had good care but reason I chose small castle instead of larger across street that is more use to this surg is they are catholic. The only thing that I didn't like was the daily visit by priest. Couldn't get him to understand I didn't want to waste energy praying outloud. He always acted like this was a regular visit to church & I would get a sermon everyday. Finally told him I wasn't Cath so save it for my dh. He is not well liked there by the staff. Enough for now. See another fistula sister. Renee how are you doing. Did Sherry have a successful surg? There was a sister starving to death because of bladder, how are you? Sorry enery gone!

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2003, 07:06 AM

PS Yeah, I am dry!
Unread 06-07-2003, 11:01 AM

(((Terry))) I hope you're getting some needed rest at home. Does the hospital have a home health care nurse or anything like that? I'd feel better if there were somebody looking in on you to make sure you're doing OK.

You do need to be making your way back towards eating solid foods. What about a milkshake? I was NPO for a couple of days after my last surgery and that was the first thing I was given. Some yogurt would be really good for you, too... maybe one of those Nouriche or other yogurt smoothies if you can't eat the kind with a spoon? That would help you start to get your bowels repopulated with the 'good' bacteria, which will help with your bowel movements.

When you feel up to it, we'd love to hear about your surgery - what they found, what they did, how it's working for you etc. I've been worried about you!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2003, 11:03 AM
hi red apple

hi red apple, its me the starving one!!! i see you had surgery??? my gosh what happened? i hope you will be alright. i see you have a hard time eating.. i know that road very well. i am still hanging in there sweetie. found a few friendly things to eat..no fat or caloric foods but they do for now. i found a new uro/gyn too. i am thrilled with him and he can help me..i go back to see him june 19th and july 8th.. hey thanks for remembering me.. i wish you well honey... if you cant eat like me right now.. keep the fluids going and try little snacks even crackers if you can... let us know how you are soon..xxxooo chris
Unread 06-07-2003, 06:39 PM

((((Terry)))

So good to hear from you- I was worried to like Linda said.. try honey to eat- even something little to try and get your strength back- we don't want you back in castle again.

It is sooo good to know you are home safe for now- please keep us posted on your progress..
Unread 06-08-2003, 10:50 AM

{{{Terry}}}
I'm glad you're home, but am sorry to hear about the eating problems. Did your doctor give you any meds for nausea, perhaps that would help.

Saltine crackers or some toast with a dab of butter used to always soothe my tummy. Plain buttered elbow macaroni is good too. Ginger is suppose to be good for nausea so perhaps some ginger ale.

I will that you will able to eat something soon. Please don't hesitate to go back to the castle if things get worse for you.
Unread 06-09-2003, 09:56 AM

Hi Terry,

I'm so glad your're home too. It takes a long time for hunger to come back. At least I felt that way and sometimes I still do. I literally have to say to myself....okay eat a banana because it's healthy....so I can relate to you not wanting to eat....
YOU MUST try and eat. I too bought ensures. Everyone kept saying you won't heal quickly if you are not eating....so PLEASE try and eat something...even little amounts....

I'm doing okay. Had an ultra sound on Friday and waiting to hear results from GYN. Although my friend was the ultra sound tech and she said everything looked great. My one existing ovary, kidneys, gall bladder, and YES my bladder was great.....

One thing concerned me....she had me pee and empty my bladder and then ultra sound'd me again and I barely emptied my bladder.... hmmmmm

I should hear from doctor today.

I'm so glad your're home Terry. (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
Renee
Unread 06-10-2003, 09:38 AM

Hi,

Feeling slightly better today. We try anything to get me to eat. Food is staying down a little at a time. Discovered Percocets don't agree with me & now even the Darvocets come up so trying to do with out pain med. Great feeling to be dry. Paniced this morning when I thought I peed a little through my vagina. DH said nonsence that I still have my bladder & the fistula so residual stuff will leak out time to time. I feel like Christmas with all my med supplies arriving daily. I sort through what will work with me & pack up the other & take to my ET Nurse so she can pass it on to new ones. I am starting a new life & it isn't so bad or won't be once my stomach is back in shape. Smells really make me churn.

God Bless Everyone & Glad to be home!
Terry
Unread 06-10-2003, 09:46 AM

Terry,

So glad you are feeling a bit better today.

I know you have to just take each day as it comes. That's how we get through this.

I'm thinking of you.
(((((((((((((((((((TERRY)))))))))))))))))))))

Renee
Unread 06-10-2003, 04:36 PM

Hi Terry!!

I am so glad that you are feeling better! I have been praying for you! I am sure it is nice to finally be home and getting your life together.

I will pray that everything else goes well and you can finally get to feeling alot better!

HUGS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register