HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

How long for Lupron to wear off? How long for Lupron to wear off?

Unread 06-07-2003, 08:15 AM
How long for Lupron to wear off?

I had three months of treatment with a drug similar to Lupron (Zoladex) to shrink fibroids prior to the hysterectomy.

Does anyone know how long it will take for my ovaries to wake up and start functioning again? I seem to be getting more hot flashes and sweats than ever, which is driving me mad.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mel
Unread 06-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Same here

I'm wondering that too. I had 3 months of Lupron shots. My last shot was May 1. So now I'm waiting for the beast to return. I've noticed some of the negative side effects (headache, skin problems) are less of a problem, but I wonder when those ovaries will kick in too.
Unread 06-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Lupron

I had my last shot on 28th April, so we are pretty close in time.
Isn't it frustrating just waiting to see if anything happens?? Gynae said he couldn't guarantee that ovaries would work after the hyst, but didn't see any reason why they shouldn't. I am just hoping that something happens soon. Good luck to you too.

Mel
Unread 06-07-2003, 09:38 AM

Hi Lupron Sisters : )

I had my last injection April 22 and my TAH-LSO on May 16th. Dr. told me ovary could start working as soon as 4 weeks after last injection. I am having way less hotflashes so I think it, (Right Ovary), might be starting to work. Not to mention I bought a sofa one day and returned it the next in emotional/confused turmoil???? : ) Hope this helps.

Janet
Unread 06-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Lupron

Hey Lupron ladies. I was on 6 mo. of Lupron and had my last injection on April 11th. Just over the last week or so I have noticed the hot flashes and night sweats have considerably subsided. I also feel like aunt flo is about to come visiting. Only 2 weeks to go until surgery . I also thought the side effects would never stop. But they finally did. Hope this helps.
Unread 06-08-2003, 05:51 AM
Lupron

Thanks for the feedback - I am now more hopeful that my ovaries will wake up. Bit worried because I am 49 and think they may prefer to stay asleep rather than work for a few more years!

After bleeding continuously on the Lupron it is lovely to be "blood free" now.

Love
Mel
Unread 06-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Lupron

I had my last Lupron shot the 28th of April. I was told I had to have the TVH within a week or two, because the effects would start wearing off immediately and the uterus would start growing back to its larger size. My surgery was May 5.

I'm sure I've had a "period" already since the surgery. My breast got sore and I felt "periody". But, no blood, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Take care, Mary
Unread 06-08-2003, 06:39 AM

I've had 2 couses of Lupron treatment and both times my ovaries came back to life within 4 weeks. I was 32 for the first and 37 for the second. I'm 42 now.
Unread 06-10-2003, 10:51 AM
lupron and the return of ovary

HELLO EVERYONE,

I HAD 3 SHOTS OF LUPRON TO SHRINK MY UTERUS AND FIBROIDS. I HAD MY OPERATION ON MAY 30TH. I HAD A TRANS VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY, HE LEFT ME WITH ONE OVARY AND SAID BOTH WERE HEALTHY BUT I WAS BLEEDING TOO MUCH DURING SURGERY AND HE HAD TO CLAMP IT OFF.
I WANTED MY OVARIES BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE ON HORMONE REPLACEMENT.

MY QUESTIONS ARE

1 . WHEN WILL THE HOT FLASHES AND NIGHT SWEATS STOP.

2. HOW CAN I GET MY OVARY TO KICK IN. ANY TYPE OF HOME REMEDY. I PREFER TO STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS, (WE DON'T GET ALONG)

3. I JUST READ THAT A WOMEN SAID IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A PERIOD, BUT NO BLOOD. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT.

I'M NEW TO ALL THIS AND VERY CONFUSED........

PLEASE HELP ............

THANKS

SUNSA

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.