for any of you who have already had a cervical polyp removed...
1. how long did it take to "heal" after the removal
2. how long did you have to wait to resume intimate activities?
I have a polyp which is causing pain when we tryto be intimate - I'm also planning hyst. surgery this summer --- I'm not sure if it is worth getting the polyp removed, as it would mean two procedures (ok, one much less serious than the other) but the point of doing it would be so that we could be comfortable with intercourse, cause it will be a long lonely summer!!!
Hi! I Had a cervical polyp removed several week before my hysterectomy. It took a couple a minutes in my gyn office. I never felt it at all. I had no restrictions afterwards. It was a very simple procedure for me. But the restrictions my depend on the size of the polyp and each individual doctor.
Hi Cas, last year my dr found a cervical polyp during my annual exam. I did have it removed to determine exactly what it was. My dr also did a hysteroscopy and D&C at the same time. The whole procedure only took about 30 minutes but I was put under general anesthesia.
I hurt mildly for a few days but had pain meds that kept it under control. It also caused a bit of bleeding for few a days.
My dr 's orders were no sex until after my follow up visit to him at 10 days. Also to take it easy and rest for the first 3 - 4 days. Please remember, however, that everyone is different and this is something that you need to discuss with your dr.
Maybe you should get a second opinion before you decide what to do. It could help determine what exactly your problem is and the best way of taking care of it.
I have an appointment on Tuesday when we will discuss the particulars of the hyster surgery (I guess that will then make me a LIW!).
When I spoke to the dr. to let him know I had decided for surgery I gave him my "preferred" dates, which are 12-25 July.
The polyp wasn't really bothering me before exept for a bit of spotting but now it is time to figure out if it needs to be taken care of right away or if I need to wait.
If, from a medical point of view it can wait,and if the surgery is going to be soon, then I will probably wait to have it removed.
Right now I'm just trying to understand what is involved so that I can "vote" for the right solution .