Please Tell Me How I Can Get Rest During The Day Help............... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please Tell Me How I Can Get Rest During The Day  Help............... Please Tell Me How I Can Get Rest During The Day Help...............

Unread 07-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Please Tell Me How I Can Get Rest During The Day Help...............

Hi ladies as you know I did have a little set back if you have read my previous post. I feeling alot bettter day by day but My problem noe is I can't sleep during the day I just lay there in bed either wathcing T.V or listening to C.ds also I"m finding myself getting very anixous some days were my dr had to put me on a some dose of zanax. I never to meds for my anixety but now it seems to be overwelming at times where my hearts feels like it's pounding and ready to jump out of my chest I seem to get very irritable and don't like what I done to myself because I never felt like this before. Pleaase help me what is going on wih me I'm at home alone because hubby at work so think I think way to much and get my self work up over small things and I'm going nuts or what did they take part of my brain with my uterus I still have my ovaries but please sisters give me some suggestions to help me get through this no sleep and this high anxiety feeling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi Honesty,

Insomnia is a pretty common post-op complaint, and can be related to hormonal fluctuations. The anxiety can be hormonal too. Even if you kept your ovaries, you may need some supplemental HRT until they get regulated. (Surgery can be a shock to your ovaries and they may stop functioning for a couple of weeks to a few months.)

You might want to try a soy supplement for the hormonal problems. My doctor recommended Estroven or Healthy Woman. I took Estroven for three months and it really helped a lot.

As for the insomnia, you might try Tylenol P.M. or Unisom. They can help you get to sleep and aren't addictive.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 07-23-2003, 09:02 PM

When you feel anxious try square breathing. Take a breath in to the count of four, hold it to the count of four, breath out to the count of four. It helps put oxygen in the blood that calms . God luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Xanax

Hi ..
I have been on Xanax and Doxipin since 1971 ((long time)) I know. You may need a stronger dose to make you sleep, talk to your Dr. and see what he says... I sleep like a baby at night .. I haven't tried them through the day yet. But I am sure I will soon. But I haven't had my TAH yet ....
Good Luck
Unread 07-24-2003, 07:57 AM

Hi hystersister-
I'm sorry you are feeling anxious. I actually have a history of panic attacks/anxiety but have had no problems with them regarding this surgery, before or after. So here are some suggestions to get you through the day. Try some calming teas, send someone to the health food store to get you some nice herbal teas and sit with them in your hands (in a mug, of course!) and breathe slowly and enjoy their warmth. Deep, slow breathing is wonderful to curb anxiety. But you have to do deep breathing, not just think about doing it! Can you walk at all? I've had to remember to get myself off the couch and get outside to enjoy some fresh air, yesterday I was actually able to sleep out there, and I haven't been able to sleep during the day since my surgery. just can't. I've tried little trips into the real world and they have been life saving. They have been extremely limited, but life saving! Good luck with this anxiety. I am hoping it will pass quickly for you. Jenny
Unread 07-24-2003, 08:19 AM

I wish I could help you with the Panic because I am just beginning to get help myself after years of trying to hide my condition. The more I tried to "control" what was happening to my body the worse I got. I see you are the medical field, please find a good doctor and tell them what you feel.Your fears could be from the trama of the surgury and the relaspe(don't underestimate what that does to the mind!)we are not robots!Or something else going on in your life? Good luck.
Unread 07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
thanks You All

Thanks for the advice all and Shasi I really do think my hormone are wacky some days that is why I feel like I do some time because I can remember way before my surgery yea I got anxious about things but I was able to clam myself down but now everything seems haywire some days so I'm going to call my dr today and see if I can take that Estroven. My dr already prescrobed me a low dose of Estridol 1mg once daily but I don't take it everyday I really want to try something more natural so I don't get any side effects. Thanks again ladies
Unread 07-24-2003, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I really want to try something more natural so I don't get any side effects.
You might want to check this with your doctor, but even herbals can have side effects. What works for one doesn't always work for another. I hope you and your doctor can find something that will work for you.
Unread 07-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Can't rest

Yikes...daytime tv would make me a wreck, too! I'd say turn off the tv, unplug the phone (if necessary), and grab a good book (I'm reading The Davinci Code, and it's great!).

When things interrupt your concentration, turn them into opportunities to do some deep breathing and bring peace back into your life. Meditation is a wonderful tool if you haven't tried it. OR, take a short walk...a long shower...anything that nurtures YOUR spirit!

Peace of mind and a calm spirit to you,
Simi

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register