HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Clear Liquid Diet Clear Liquid Diet

Unread 08-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Clear Liquid Diet

Just looking for some suggestions for my clear liquid day -- doctor's office told me coffee, tea, beef broth & lime jello. I don't see me spending a day on caffeine -- I'm already buzzed up enough waiting for surgery Not really into beef broth or jello... Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I just also wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful site. Being here has made my "experience" tolerable. No matter how I've been feeling, I can come onto this site & see others experiencing what I am. Again, thanks!
Unread 08-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Clear Liquid Diet

Hello when I was on clear liquid diet in the hospital they gave me Sprite , water, chicken broth, I also had cherry jello and popscicles but you may want to make sure with your Dr. first. They may not want red jello. Vernors may be another option to. Run it by them and see.. I hope this helps.. I had to do that before a colonoscopy to it wasnt any fun.
((((((((hugs))))))) loreine
Unread 08-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Clear Liquid Diet

I had to do this 5 years ago for a myomectomy and face it again in about 2 weeks. I think clear juice is OK (like apple, cranberry, but NOT orange or grapefruit). And you'll want the jello, at least I did, because i was starving.
If not lime and red is for some reason ruled out, try lemon or pineapple or something. There actually are tons of jello flavors. There is veggie broth, too, but to me the canned stuff always tastes more "tin" than the chicken or beef broth. I tried to think of it like meals: Juice and tea in the morning as "breakfast" and then broth and jello later in the day. Gingerale may be ok, to. Good luck!
Unread 08-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Clear Liquids

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had jello in sooo long, really didn't know it came in so many flavors. I'll give a call this week about the popsicles -- that sounds like a good plan to me. Just looking forward to all this being over Thanks for the replies...
Unread 08-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Clear Liquid Diet

You are very welcome .. anytime feel free to ask away....... good luck and keep in touch.......

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway