HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

bleeding after bowel movement bleeding after bowel movement

Unread 09-23-2003, 09:01 AM
bleeding after bowel movement

Hi Gals- I am probably posting to the wrong place but have a question. I have seen this posted before but didn't know where to look. I had vaginal bleeding this morning after having to strain with a bowel movement. I am almost 8 months post-op (tah/bso). Should I inform the doctor? What could cause this so late? Thanks for you opinions.

chuckie
Unread 09-23-2003, 09:20 AM

Chuckie, Any abnormal bleeding should be checked out no matter what! Are you sure it was from your vagina? Do you possibly have hemmorhoids? Please call your doctor and let us know what happened. Good luck to you, hun!

Emily s
Unread 09-23-2003, 09:25 AM

I agree with gem.....call doc and make sure it is not just hemmaroids.
Unread 09-23-2003, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the replys girls. I'm going to call on my lunch break. I'm fairly sure it isn't a hemroid because I just had a colon scope done a few weeks ago and the dr said I don't have them. I guess That makes me a little lucky!! I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!!

Chuckie
Unread 09-23-2003, 02:32 PM

Chuckie
I am having alot of rectal bleeding since my surgery. The doctor said I have a mass on my intestine. I am having to have a "colon scope." Can you tell me what you went through having yours? I am more terrified of having this test than I am the mass. I hope they find out what is causing your bleeding and are able to fix it easily. Good luck.
Thanks
Unread 09-24-2003, 10:27 AM
colon scope

Hi Rel :Hug:

The colon test that I had was of the lower portion of my colon. The test was done in my doctors office. I have to tell you the truth it was uncomfortable. There is a lot of cramping when they get into the upper portion of the intestines. I don't want to scare you though. Make sure you follow the doctors insturctions proir to the test. I used 4 enemas and still wasn't cleaned out all the way. The feeling you have when they insert the scope is like you need to have a bowel movement. If they are doing a complete colon scope they may give you drugs to put you into a twilight or sleepy state where you won't remember much of the procedure. remember that the waiting is the worst part, just like having to wait to have a hysterectomy. If you have anymore questions please let me know. God Bless and take care

Chuckie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.