Glad I Found This! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glad I Found This! Glad I Found This!

Unread 09-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Glad I Found This!

Just wanted to say that I'm sooo glad I found this site! I'm having a TAH in early December '03 for fibroids, heavy bleeding and painful/enlarged uterus. My doctor wants me to consider having the ovaries removed due to my history of recurrent, painful cysts. After discussing with him and doing additional research, I'm leaning in the direction of having the ovaries removed. After trying different hormonal treatments for almost 2 years without much change, I feel confident I am making the right decision. Although I'm already a little nervous, (more than 2 months away), so many people who have been through this have told me that their lives were improved dramatically. I'll be going in for pre-op testing on 11/21/03.

Thanks for all the support!

Jay-Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Glad I Found This!

Welcome welcome welcome! You will love this place!!!!!

Huggage!!!

Kim
Unread 09-27-2003, 02:34 AM
Glad I Found This!

Welcome Jay-Jay, nice that you found us. There will be great reading here. Knowledge is power! Ask every possible question you can think of. There is no topic that will be off limits. Hang around; you'll have fun and learn.

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2003, 04:05 AM
Glad I Found This!

Hi Jay Jay Glad to have you here

You'll love this site- there is always somone who knows what you're going through, some one who can offer advice that makes sense, and someone who can make you laugh. What more could we ask?

Glad to hear you're into being proactive about your medical care, since no one cares about your health as much as you do.

Knowledge is power!!!
:dance2:

The vicodin is starting to kick in- maybe I better go back to bed.
But wanted to say hello and welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Dilu
Unread 09-27-2003, 07:29 AM
also new!

I just left my DR's office yesterday with the news of a TAH! Like Jay-Jay, I have big fibroids and heavy bleeding. So glad I'd already heard of your site! I've been here for hours getting good vibes from everyone as well as a ton of info.
Thanks for being here!
pscoolj
Unread 09-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Glad I Found This!

Jay Jay:

Glad you found this site. I think you will be amazed at the amount of information here as well as the great support. The ladies posting here are going through what you are, and been through what you will go through.

I too have pretty much decided to have the ovaries go, so if you think you may go that direction, you may want to visit the Hormone Jungle Threads and research the different forms so HRT (if that is the route you want to take) or other ways to control symptoms of surgical menopause. Again Just a wealth of information throughout this site. By the time your day arrives (which will seem like FOREVER), you will be so much more confident than you are today because you will be armed with great information, ideas, and a bunch of great ladies rooting for you.

Welcome Aboard

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register