HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

G Spot & Orgasm- Does It Change? G Spot & Orgasm- Does It Change?

Unread 10-02-2003, 11:48 AM
G Spot & Orgasm- Does It Change?

THIS IS KIND OF A STRANGE QUESTION, BUT I JUST HAVE TO ASK.
AFTER A VAG HYSTERECTOMY CAN YOU STILL HAVE THE WONDERFUL G SPOT ORGASIM? THIS IS ONE QUESTION I DID NOT ASK MY DOC.I HAD MY CERVIX REMOVED, KEPT BOTH OVERIES.
I HAVE READ THAT SEX IS STILL GREAT, SOMETIMES BETTER AFTER A HYST. I'M JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT OF BEFORE MY SURGERY. WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO HAVE THE BIG G SPOT "O" OR IS THIS GONE FOR GOOD?
Unread 10-02-2003, 04:57 PM
not gone at all

I too had these very thoughts and anxiety even about this matter as my dh and i have a very active sex life,,,,but i'll tell ya,,the first time,my dh and i were so scared we'd hurt some thing we realy didn't enjoy the experience at all and i thought my sex life over,,i cried and cried ,,,but i just wasn't ready,,,the second time was good and after that it's great.......... the orgasims are a bit different ya can't turn them off,,it's not like you have them and then their over like before,,now i find that even backing off him doesn't help,,if i tighten one little muscle i'm headed right back towards one,,,multiple 'O's are one thing but this is great,,i did not have this before,,so maybe it cleared a way to my G spot ,,lol..but other then the little cramps i get afterwards sex is good after a hyst....hope this wasn't too graphic but i saw no had yet responded to your question and i know how it feels to be out there alone and not know....
Unread 10-02-2003, 05:10 PM

Okay, here's my two cents' worth. For the first six or eight weeks after the hyst, I had an incredible sex drive. Then - poof - it was gone. Okay, work and work at this with various forms of HRT. Drive slowly returns - but it's different. (One woman posted on this site that what she misses is the "horniness," for lack of a better term, and I couldn't agree more.) Anyway, the direct stimulation orgasm works fine. Those *awesome* vaginal orgasms? Gone for months and months. Then slowly, slowly I notice them returning. As for the better sex, well, for me it's better because I'm no longer in agony after. But, given a choice, I'd go back to pre-hyst sex in a second. My 9-month hysterversary is the 17th of this month, and all I can say is this: Give it time; keep practicing; and don't give up!!!
Unread 10-02-2003, 08:43 PM

Hi!

Just thought I would put my two cents in for ya. I am 3 mo po and my DH and I haven't had too much because of some problems with pain. But it is getting better every time, and the orgazm's seem more intense to me than before! Good luck to you!
Unread 10-03-2003, 04:22 AM

Wow! linda took the words right out of my mouth. I am not as far along as she is, but I feel exactly the same.
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:33 AM

Sex for me after everything was done (hysterectomy and then later had my ovaries out) has actually been a little better in some ways. I can still have "the big O", but the POSITIONING has to be just right. Some positions that worked in the past do not work, while positions that didn't work in the past now do. In my opinion, the worst thing about after hyst sex is the dryness and sometimes, lack of desire. I have to use a lubricant every time or else it hurts very bad. I have also found help in certain magazines for women that give suggestions on positioning and also helps in ways to lift your libido. I know that not everyone is the same, but I hope that these suggestions help. Let me know if you would like any more suggestions! Good luck with everything and may God bless you!
Unread 10-03-2003, 09:13 AM

I'm only 5 weeks post-op so have not yet had anything vaginal, so can't answer the G spot question... also, I had an anterior and posterior repair, so I'm not sure how that will affect that route to orgasm.

But I can answer that I am capable of wonderful, intense, and yes, even multiple orgasms.

Is there a difference? If there is, for me, it is minor enough that it sure isn't any problem and in no way diminishes the experience.
In retrospect, I think that what I was feeling when I thought I was feeling uterine contractions was more vaginal contractions... they are, if anything, even more intense (perhaps because I had the repairs?).

I'm very much looking forward to the 8-week mark when the doctor said I can try intercourse again :-).

n.
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:11 PM

Same type of surgery in July - we tried sex for the first time today and everything - G spot included - works same, if not better, than before!!! I was scared to death it would hurt and afraid that nothing would be the same, but it all works!!!
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:36 PM

Yay, Rose! Thanks for sharing the good news! Woohoo!
Unread 10-03-2003, 09:32 PM

I had a TVH. I experienced cramping with my orgasms with outer sex, but we had actual intercourse at 5 weeks post op. I was so worried it was going to hurt, so I was a little tense. Hubby was afraid he was going to hurt me, so he was a little aprehensive. When we actually got into it, we realized it didn't really hurt, so we both relaxed. The sex was great, everything seemed the same. I have no trouble producing my own personal lubrication. : ) I have heard a lot of ladies saying they have to use K-Y or other lubricants. All I can stress, is stay relaxed and be verbally honest with your partner about how it feels. If he knows it hurts, he can try not going in as deep or thrusting as hard, and it can be just as enjoyable. I have to agree with the above postings about the continuous orgasm, it is actually kind of fun. I am not just pleasing my husband (like some of the times before), I am actually making up for lost orgasms But don't tell my husband.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.