HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 10-14-2003, 07:18 AM
Rectocele

How can you tell if you have a rectocele? What are the symptoms? I had a abdominal hysterectomy (kept ovaries) and Burch procedure on July 15, 2003.
Unread 10-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Rectocele

i had a tvh/b.repair in feb for prolapse.... i now have a rectocele... for me the feeling is worse than my other prolapses.... i went to the doctors as i could feel things were not right... it bulges like my other prolapses but more intense somehow... i am now waiting on our uk waiting list... for another op.... i did everything right but i suppose i am unlucky... at least it can be sorted but i am pretty depressed about it... i suggest you see your doc and see what he has to say... perhaps you are worrying needlessley.... i wish you well... mary. xx
Unread 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
lhaddon

hi,i think a rectocele is when you bulge with a bm right in middle of rectom and vagina not real sure iam going to doc sept 23rd 04 ill know more then ,thats whats happening to me sounds aw-ful i know lei-55
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Rectocele

I had a Stage III Rectocele repaired at the same time as my hyst. In my case, the main symptom of the rectocele was a bulge at the entrance of my vagina. Other symptoms included constipation/diarrhea cycle, having to "splint" to evacuate, back pains and, strangely enough, hip pain. I also had problems with walking straight.

For more information on the various prolapses, here's a link to the Resources Database, specifically to the resources dealing with prolapse: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=27
Unread 08-19-2004, 02:14 AM
Rectocele

Hi Ihaddon,
My symptoms were as follow,

Buldge in vag. while having BM. Severe pain in tailbone area. The bulgde finally was hanging out my Vag. and it felt like I had a carpet burn from the air hitting my exposed vaginal tissue. I waited to long to have it repaired and strained to much haveing BM's that I also had a entrecole. That's a prolapse of the intestine, That made my back pain worse and it felt like I had a tampon falling out of me. Please make sure you do whatever you need to do to keep from being contsipaited. Let us know what the dr. say's. (((Hugs to you)))

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.