HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

leaky bladder leaky bladder

Unread 10-14-2003, 10:05 AM
leaky bladder

My LAVH was 06/02/2003. I have a leaky bladder after urinating. Any one else?
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:26 PM
leaky bladder

Hi there

I'm sorry you're having these problems I know just how demeaning it can be, since I've been dealing with stress incontinance since 1 year after my TVH, which was almost 3 years ago

Have you mentionned it to your doctor? There could be a number of reasons why this is happening, and it might be something that needs to be addressed: sometimes infections manifest in this manner. Warning: you may have to insist on being referred to a urologyst. My experience has been that GP's seem to think that this is a minor invonvenience... however, it isn't to me.

Wishing you best of luck. Please keep us posted.
Unread 10-15-2003, 07:00 PM
leaky bladder

I have also experanced a leaky bladder after urinating, especially if I get up without giving my bladder a chance to completly empty. Which seems to take for ever. It seems like it just trickles out of me and then stops and starts again(not sure when to get up sometimes). I had my LAVH on 8-22 I am hoping this is just post op healing. Sorry to hear your still having problems. I would also recomend seeing a URO. I saw a Uro 3 weeks ago and he gave me Ditropan XL which has really helped with the pain. I am to back to him in one week if I am still having any bladder problems and I plan to address this issue at that time if things don't get better.

Sweety Tweety
Unread 11-07-2003, 03:30 AM
Re: leaky bladder

[quote]Originally posted by sicily0144
My LAVH was 06/02/2003. I have a leaky bladder after urinating. Any one else? [/QUOTE

Well You all were right, I went to a Urologist and ...another surgery..... Also in reading my reports it says 1 overy 20 cm. other 29 cm. with lesions,,,,,, Any one know. So had my LAVH 6-2-2003, In for respatory 1st week of sept 1-8, then the 8th to 28 in mayo, more resp. Then since Monday I have been outpatient at Mayo testing pulminary. I am ready to give up. Along with PTSD, an depression... Am feeling very hopeless......
C
Unread 11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
leaky bladder

Hi Sicily...

So you were told you need another surgery? What for?

I just want to let you know that I'm also facing another surgery (bladder repair this time) since my supposedly 'uncomplicated' hyst of Aug 11/3.
You are not alone in your situation and don't give up!!

I mostly just want to let you know that you're not alone & you can..we BOTH can get through this. I know it's AWFUL and how hard it is..but we WILL get through this!!

And we'll be stronger after. We just gotta hang on a little longer than some do!
Unread 11-09-2003, 08:13 AM
leaky bladder

Another Bladder heard from!!!

This is the leaky Lemur--i started leaking 5 weeks postop and i just KNOW it's a fistula. will be seeing my GYN on tuesday who will probably send me to a URO.

a second surgery is not something i'm looking forward to , but i sure as heck am NOT going to wear pad for another 30 years.

Keep reading and posting---there are quite a few of us here.

Fluffy (leaky) Lemur
Unread 12-03-2003, 07:01 AM
our bodies

Quote:
Originally posted by brighterfuture
Hi Sicily...

So you were told you need another surgery? What for?

I just want to let you know that I'm also facing another surgery (bladder repair this time) since my supposedly 'uncomplicated' hyst of Aug 11/3.
You are not alone in your situation and don't give up!!

I mostly just want to let you know that you're not alone & you can..we BOTH can get through this. I know it's AWFUL and how hard it is..but we WILL get through this!!

And we'll be stronger after. We just gotta hang on a little longer than some do!
Yes a bladder sling for me now Friday I have a internal ultrasound to look at my left ovarie which was larger and had fibroids the first surgery ...........why didn't they take it then????
So now they want both....
Unread 12-04-2003, 03:02 AM
leaky bladder

((((Sicily))))) Sounds like you've been having a really tough time since your hyst... and here you are, looking at yet another surgery in your near future. I just wanted to send s your way and let you know that I'm ing that this surgery will finally get you on the Road to Recovery.

Unread 12-05-2003, 01:18 AM
leaky bladder

Hi,

I can say the leaking may improve. A few days after I had surgery I would not realize I had to void and urine would start leaking. It was so embarrassing! I decided to just go sit on the toilet every couple of hours and that seemed to help. After a few weeks it got much better. Then, the leaking stopped for a long time. Several months later the stress incontinence started and has not stopped. When I go out in public I am certain to wear a pad or get embarrassed. I do not want to have any bladder surgery unless it gets to the point urine in running down my leg!!I feel I have had enough surgery and do not want to be put to sleep again. I may change my mind, but it is doubtful.
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Me too!!!

I too am facing surgery - to correct a dropping urethra. My hyst was in 1997. then ovary removal in 1998. My problem is stress incontenence. I am too young for diapers and refuse to wear pads for the rest of my life!! and besides - it has gotten too bad I think - and I don't want to put up with it anymore!! So now I just have to schedule with everybody!!

Hang in there - everyone is here for you!!!

Robin

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.