Thursday ~ Oct. 16th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thursday ~ Oct. 16th Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Unread 10-16-2003, 05:14 AM
Talking - Thursday ~ Oct. 16th Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Good Morning

I am ready for an OP day, hope you are too!!

Remember:

+

________

Take Care, Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 05:28 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Good morning all!

Dawn I loved your post! Wish I could put it in my pocket and take it with me today!

Brandy and I have done our morning . Today, staying OP will be a challenge........taking Mom to the dentist and as much as I try beforehand to tell myself I will be patient with her..........I always end up getting stressed out. And, no gym today......... because of her appt time.

Depending upon what the dentist does to Mom, we might go for lunch afterwards, or take her back home, or she may spend the night here if they pull her tooth.

I had an appt for next week to get bloodwork done, supposed to be followed up the next week with my annual physical. Well........doc's office called yesterday........doc broke her ankle and they're cancelling all appts til further notice!! So...........I'm on a list for them to call me as soon as she's scheduling again. Bummer! There are 3 other docs in her office so if I absolutely have to be seen for something I can schedule with them but this was just for my annual physical (as someone last night in chat said "grope and poke") so I guess I just wait for them to call me! Was kinda looking forward to seeing how my cholesterol is doing and all that.......oh well, they think she'll be scheduling again for next month.

So..........have the BEST day everyone! I'll check back later!

Ann
Unread 10-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Morning all

Well another very fall day. Though it was dark when I drove to work. I plan on being very Op today. I am heading to a different Curves this evening when my little chick is at then we whip home with minutes to spare to see Survivor. I am doing Atkins Low/Carb again. I feel so much better when my carbs are lower. I made some low carb peanut butter cookies last night. They are pretty good. In general it feels great to be back in a routine. Not sure what dinner will be as DH is on overtime again yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. We need the money for Christmas. Also we are getting seasons passes at a local ( very small) ski club so we have to pay that tomorrow and it is $1300 dollars. That includes the chicks ski lessons. I skied all my life and hubby did not start til he was a late teen. We met at work on a ski trip so we figure we really want our girls to ski. It makes the winter so much more enjoyable for us all.

Morning Dawn you sound ready for the day!

Ann take a deep breath and exhale now do it again!!!!! mothers. Everytime mine drives me crazy I think ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo that is what my chicks are going to think about me when I am older after I worry about it I chuckle as I think yeah well they deserve it with all the suffering they have put me through hee hee. My poor girls I am baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Chat was really fun last night. WOW what a turnout. I have never seen best so busy. It was great. Thanks everyone

Well I am off. I will check back in later

Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 05:55 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Dawn, that is a very cute & clever post!
Thanks for the great start.

Ann, good luck today & here's hoping that all teeth remain intact! I know you are a very devoted daughter but I also know it's easier to let Mama sleep in her own comfy bed!
Hope you get to go to lunch together, though.

Katie, will you post that cookie recipe? I'd like to try them.
Good for you for doing what makes you feel BEST. You are awesome. Enjoy Survivor tonight. I know you will!

Yes, chat was such fun last night! It was so great to see so many of us there!!! Whoooo hooooooo! Like someone in chat mentioned, the family doesn't even look up when I sit here laughing out loud at the computer screen. They know I'm in chat!
They've come a long way, babies!

Hope you all have the BEST, OP day. Boy, if we just follow Dawn's visuals, we'll be great!

s to all,
xena
Unread 10-16-2003, 06:23 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Good Morning!!! Its a little chilly here today and I have on a sweater dress with pumps and feel nice and cozy!!! I love FALL!!!!

Yesterday was a busy day! Left work, picked up DD and came back to town. Picked up extended scrip for antibiotics so hopefully by the weekend this thing will be gone that I have been toting with me for 3 weeks!!!! Took her to get her haircut which is always interesting, bangs or no bangs was the clincher last night and she finally opted for no bangs. Then took her to get some jeans. I can not stand those lowrider bell bottom jeans. They make women of every shape and size look like they have no rear end and DD is like me and doesn't have one anyway our weight is all carried in our thighs and legs (although she is more chesty than I am). Could only find one pair of black jeans to fit and she wasn't happy with the choice. I said you got the hairstyle you wanted I pick the jeans, when you start making your own money and buying your own clothes than maybe you can decide. Oh well. She had them on this morning so they can't be too bad!!

Did stay OP yesterday and don't hurt from where I went to CURVES so that was a good thing. Can't wait to go back tomorrow!!! This will be nice getting back in the 3 times a week there!!!

Dawn, loved your opening post this morning!!!!You sound pumped and ready for the day!!!

Katie, your cookies sound good!!! Good luck with the low carbs!! Skiing as a family sounds fun!!! I haven't been in years and would probably hurt myself if I tried that now!!!

Ann, good luck with your mom today. Maybe they won't have to pull her tooth and you can enjoy and OP lunch and she can go back home! Its terrible isn't it when our Doc's get sick or hurt themselves and can't be there for us isn't it. People think they are oblivious to all that because they are docs, but they are just people too!!

Xena, you sound extremely chipper this morning as well!!!

For the rest of the BEST that haven't gotten here yet, hope you all have a wonderful OP Thursday!!!!!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Jody
Unread 10-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Good morning, all!

Dawn, loved your graphics! Will be thinking of them all day. LOL

Ann, I had the same type relationship with my mom. Loved her but could be tearing hairs out within five minutes of being in the same room with her. Just keep thinking - this too will pass.

Katie, peanut butter cookies! Mmmmm, nothing better warm out of the oven. I agree - please post the recipe.

Xena, remember when people who talked to themselves were picked up by men in white coats? Now it's socially acceptable if you're staring at a computer monitor or have a cell phone smashed against your ear. Oh, the times they are achanging. LOL

Jody, know what you mean about the lowrider bellbottom jeans. Bad news is - I remember them the first time around...

Had a great time in chat last night. Haven't chatted since the good old days when yahoo chat first started. Keeping up is a real challenge!

The pepsi pork chops turned out great using diet sierra mist!

I'm off to my routine of walk, 8mm, work and hopefully a little fun thrown in there somewhere.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP Thursday!
Unread 10-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Good Morning Everyone! Wow, we're a busy bunch already today. I'm waiting for the UPS guy to deliver an overnight package so I can get it in the mail to DD today. Gateway forgot to put in one of the discs for her Office Professional (that she needs to do some of her homework with) and finally got it shipped yesterday. I did the tracking earlier and it's out for delivery today. Should be anytime now.

I'm anxious for my weigh in tomorrow as I know I've lost weight. DH told me yesterday I looked like a prisoner of war refugee because my jeans are all getting too big .
Once the UPS guy goes, and I go to the post office, then I'm BowFlexing today and walking. Got our 3 miles in yesterday. It felt good after only getting one mile the day before due to the wind and rain. Chevy was a happy puppy. And he got a bath yesterday afternoon to boot, so now he feels and smells so much better. I will stay OP today, and I feel so much in control of it right now. That is a great feeling.

Let's see,

Dawn, Love the morning message. Need a badge or something with all of that on it for reminders all day.

Ann, Try and enjoy Mom today. I'm spending all of next week with mine. That too can be trying.

Katie, Your day sounds well planned. The skiing sounds like fun. I've only been a few times. I can manage the easy hills, but please, don't anyone watch .

Xena, You sound wide awake and ready for the day. Any hiking today? It was fun in chat last night.

Jody, It's very cool here too. I also hate those jeans. My nieces both wear them. And those short little tops to go with them. DD is a little to heavy for those so I've not had to deal with that directly.

Sandi, Your pork chops sound good. Is that recipe posted here anywhere? I'd like to try them with diet pepsi. DH is diabetic and trying finally to do well, but I'm having trouble coming up with different good tasting recipes. They need to be low carb and low sugar. It's difficult to say the least. Have some fun with your day.

To everyone else,
I'll try and check back later. I need to get some stuff done around the house. I tend to get drawn back in to the computer every time I walk past it.
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Peanut butter cookies

Remember this is low carb and I do Atkins. They are not for everyone but the kids and hubby loved them.

Serves: 12 cookies
CarbsPerServing: about 2 carbs each!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Effort: Easy

Ingredients:
3 tbs. peanut butter
2 tbs. cream cheese

1/4 cup atkins bake mix
3tbs. splenda
1 egg

How to Prepare:

mix all ingredients starting w/ peanut butter & cream cheese.....roll into balls...smush onto bake sheet...cook 15 mins at 350....makes about a dozen med. size cookies...it's easy and yummy

Ta for now

Katie
Unread 10-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

Morning everyone

It was wonderful to see so many in chat last night. Forgotten how hard it is to keep up when the room is full!

Dawn - wow, love the graphics - so cheery to start the day.

Nancy - your right we should have badges or buttons made to wear everyday! People would really wonder - can you imagine the ??'s we'd get? BTW - why didn't you have Gateway send the disk directly to DD at school? They would have done it.

Ann - hope dentist + mom = a painless (in the butt) day!

Katie - PB cookies are DH's fav. But I wonder if this low card receipe can be done without Atkins products?

Jody - your all dressed up! Hope you got someplace to go? LOL.

Xena - that was me, my family never even asks what I'm laughing about this time, lol. They gave up long ago.

Sandy - hope your able to throw some fun in there somewhere also. LOL, you mean to tell me that doing your 8mm's in not fun?

Hello to BSQ, Desk, Dawn, Pat, Sharon, Sherry, Sue, and others I hope to see here later today!

Off to Walmart to shop for items I need to make ghosts to hang in my trees out front. Martha Stewart, watch out, here I come!

Hugs to all -
Melissa
Unread 10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Thursday ~ Oct. 16th

My package arrived and has now been safely shipped off to DD. I'm so glad that is done.
Melissa, I delivered the computer to DD at school last Friday. I left her and the computer alone to be set up and started for home. She called that the disc was missing and should she call Gateway. (The order was in my name, but she actually ordered it from school, using my CC number, then she's paying us back for half). Anyway, I told her to call, since she knew exactly what was missing and I couldn't call for almost 2 hours (until I got home). She called me back and said they were going to ship her one, they didn't know why it wasn't included. Since it's in a cow box, she didn't want the actual computer delivered to school and she didn't even think to give them the different address. I called Gateway yesterday to see if they had shipped it yet, because I am out of town next week, and was going to change the address to hers. So it's just basically been a comedy of errors, that led to this today. I'm just happy it's here and now off in the mail. She should get it either tomorrow or Saturday so that will be soon enough.
I'm off to walk. Chevy is starting to whine. I think he's worried we're not going.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register