9 Months Post op and tum still aches? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Months Post op and tum still aches? 9 Months Post op and tum still aches?

Unread 10-24-2003, 05:26 PM
9 Months Post op and tum still aches?

I wonder if any of you still find you have pain on sitting up from a lying down position 9 months after a tah/bil oopherectomy. My tum still feels 'tight' down by the scar and hurts when I sit up from lying down. I have been doing some excersises every now and then to try and strenghen the tummy muscles again and thought that this would have gone by now. Should I seek advice from my doctor or is this par for the course?
Sharman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 05:53 PM

I am three weeks today and this is discouraging!!! I am still unable to lay in my bed, I am sleeping in the recliner so I can get up easier! I am so ready to get back to my bed!! I tried last night and got frustrated and came back to my recliner!!! Hopefully, this is not the norm....I can't imagine at nine months still having the pulling!!! Good for you, excercising!!! I think if it were me, I would call the doc!!! I plan to if this isn't gone soon!

Ronda
Unread 10-24-2003, 06:12 PM

Hi Sharman,

I think it is all in the way our bodies heal. I am 10 mons post and while I don't have trouble getting up from a laying position occasionally I will get a little tender after vigorous exercise. I have had numerous other complications relating to my incision that has kept me "down" for a long long time, but just take it easy and eventually it will wear itself out. It will get better!!!!!!

Big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 06:22 PM

i am 2 1/2 years post op and while i don't have pain i have terrible itching and my ab is numb where my scar is. it just about drives me nuts!!! i have heard that itching is a form of pain so if its true then i guess i am having pain. i wonder if it will ever be normal again and stop itching?
Unread 10-24-2003, 07:59 PM

Bridges,
Try a foam bed wedge. I bought a 10" wedge before my surgery and have slept comfortably ever since I came home (I'm 11 days post op). Also makes it easier to get up. It's about $30 at a medical supply.
Good luck!
Unread 10-24-2003, 08:35 PM

I am 5 months post-op and my incision area is still SORE! My Dr said it's because surgery itself is like trauma to the body. I always thought that when something itched it was a sign that you're healing. I don't itch, just sore to the touch. Dr said it will be a good year before I feel normal. So, I am not worried about it. Makes sense when you think about it. I have a co-worker who had a hysterectomy 30 years ago and she still feels "feelings" from her incision, not pain. I expected to bounce back feeling 100% better and ready to do all the things I hadn't been able to do before. This coming from other post-ops, said how much better I would feel. I am just relieved the surgery is over and all I have to do is let my body heal. The hardest thing is not to push it. Do you know how many times a day you bend over? I didn't realize it until my surgery! I still ask my husband to carry up the laundry for me. It's one of the hardest things to do to depend on others for the simpliest things, but I'm convinced we have to to recover properly. Let others do it for you, especially if they offer.
Unread 10-25-2003, 07:54 AM
9 months post op and tum still aches Sharman replies

Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate them. I feel sorry if I have made anyone feel upset or worried, I did not mean to as I do feel much better than before I had the operation. I just wanted to know if I am right in just waiting for these feelings to go of their own accord or to seek help from my doctor. If I thought they would just gradually disappear as I am hoping they will, then I would not bother the doctor at all as I really hate going to see him. I was feeling much worse than this before the op' I can tell you. 201 times worse so if this is what I have to put up with then so be it. Its just that I didn't think I'd be left with any discomfort at all once I was better and as one of you said perhaps it does take up to a year to feel completely better, which means I've a few months to go yet. Cheer up everyone theres a light at the end of this tunnel and I reckon we should all be optimistic.
Love to you all

Sharman

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register