HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Alternative Therapy ? ? ? ? ? Alternative Therapy ? ? ? ? ?

Unread 11-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Alternative Therapy ? ? ? ? ?

Hello Girls !

I have FINALLY found a doc ( alternative medicine ) that is going to check ALL the hormone levels !! My NEW gyn took one estrogen level & told me I wasn't menopausal , even though I have all the signs . He set me down & explained it all to me . Makes sooooooooooooo much more since .

I have tried sooooooooooooooo many hrt's and now on paxil cr . Of which helps , but I feel like I'm crazy . I'm normally a very laid back person that takes all in stride .............UNTIL after my surg ( tvh with A & P repair ) . The worst medication I took was estratest hs . It helped at first ( I wore my poor husband out , LOL ) but in the end I was always in a rage, I honestly could have killed someone .

Anyone out there have any exp. with alternative medication ????

Thanks , Pattie
Unread 11-13-2003, 06:46 AM

Hi Pattie,

I am not sure what you mean by "alternative," I think it can mean different things to different people. Having said that, I can share some of my experiences with integrative therapies. I used traditional acupuncture. It did not help, and in my case, I believe it was because I was dealing with an underlying hormonal imbalance and needed to correct that with the right estrogen replacement.

Currently I use therapeutic massage and yoga which I find helps to support my body towards wellness. Counseling also helps to teach relaxation techniques and assertive skills so vital in communicating with medical 'authorities'. Also there are various vitamin and mineral supplements that I use and if you search there is a suggested list on this site. Is this what you mean by alternative? I'm sure other ladies will be along soon to share and comment on their experiences. Good luck to you!
Tedi
Unread 11-13-2003, 07:53 AM

Pattie,
I am seeing an Osteopathic doctor. I have found her to be very helpful for some of my ongoing gastro problems. She is also very knowledgeable about hormones and other issues. I recently started accupuncture to try and help with ongoing pain and issues. I've been battling these problems for years now and my regular doc could no longer help me so I looked outside the box and am so glad I did.

Unread 11-13-2003, 08:22 AM
reply to post " alternative medicine "

Tedi & Kim

Thanks for your replys they are much appreciated . By alternative I mean something other than the conventional methods . Example : as you stated yoga , meditation , vitamins , roots , herbs , etc . As for the agression therapy to deal with the medical professionals ......... I'm an RN and know ( by exp ) how to deal with docs !!! LOL ! Believe it or not , not all doctors think they are GOD and most docs do have a good beside manner , so to speak .

The trick is to find the right doc for you & your situation . Which , as I have found , takes ALOT of time , patients , & money . Thats why I believe this web site helps sooooooooooo much ! I wish I had known about it before my surg .

Its nice knowing you are not the only one out there !

Thanks again !!
Pattie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.