HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

has anyone had bladder tie up done with their hyst? has anyone had bladder tie up done with their hyst?

Unread 11-14-2003, 01:39 PM
has anyone had bladder tie up done with their hyst?

im having my hysterectomy on dec 2nd and my dr. is going to do a bladder tie up at the same time. im alittle scared about this and wondered if anyone else had this done or going to have it done as well? i have been having alot of trouble holding my urine and having to go alot due to my extremely enlarged uterus. i also have alot of endo as well so really im not for sure what is causing all my bladder problems. any comments and advice is greatly appreciated. thanx!!!
Unread 11-14-2003, 02:11 PM

Hi, my Dr. did a bladder tie up as you call it. I asked him exactly what he did and if I remember correctly he said it's being held up by ligaments from the fallopian tubes. He removed everything, so I don't know how that is possible, but maybe the ligaments stay in. He said I should never have bladder problems because of what he did. I never had problems before, but I guess once you have everything removed, you may have problems. That's all I know about it. Good Luck!
Unread 11-14-2003, 02:34 PM

I had a Burch procedure done (bladder suspension) at the same time as my hysterecomy. I had the same problem. Everytime I sneezed or coughed I wet my pants. I'm MUCH happier now. I think the recovery time might have been a little longer but it was definitely worth it.
Unread 11-14-2003, 07:15 PM

thanks for responding to my question! i am glad to hear ya both are doin much better and that i dont need to be worryin soo much about the procedure! thanks again, susan
Unread 11-15-2003, 02:00 AM

hi susan... i had my bladder done for prolapse... i went home with the catheter and it stayed in for a week... this was NO problem... it was easy to take out and i did this at home.... i can now go all night without having to get up and i am not going to the bathroom every five minutes.. sheer bliss!!! i wish you well.. mary. xx
Unread 11-15-2003, 09:02 AM

thanx mary for your info and advice, etc. im glad to hear that it all went well for ya and you are doin good! im still scared but i guess that is only normal! susan
Unread 11-15-2003, 09:46 AM

Have you seen a urologist. I would get an opinion with one before surgery if you haven't already done so. I had some problems of emptying completely before my TVH so I saw a urologist. He was able to do an in office procedure to take care of urethral stenosis. There are certain tests that can be done at a urologist to determine if you need additional bladder repair. One is urodynamics. Many sisters have done this test to see if they needed additional work on their bladder.
Unread 11-15-2003, 09:59 AM

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ht=urodynamics

"My doctor told me that for the rest of my life I can't lift anything heavy. Simple things like gardening, mowing the grass, lifting heavy groceries are out for me. I thought he was kidding; maybe just a few weeks after surgery.....He said NO! FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE."

Please get another opinion before agreeing to any bladder work. Some have life long restrictions after bladder work or more problems. Some women just need to strengthen the muscles with kegel exercises for ncontinence to prevent surgery.

Appointment with uro doctor tomorrow morning... have no idea what to look forward to

Can't urinate after hyst and bladder lift

Re-slinging the sling?? Anyone done this??
Unread 11-15-2003, 04:19 PM

thanks for all your advice and info.......boy there sure is alot to think about with this surgery! dr. made it sound soo simple, easy and no problems, i guess when i go in to talk with her after my sono on nov 23rd ill have to ask even more questions! thanks again, im going to check out all the sites ya gave me now! susan
Unread 11-15-2003, 04:26 PM

Sometimes it can take up to two months or more to get in with a urologist and I've seen some surgeries postponed because the sisters had to consult with a urologist first. It can't hurt to get a name of a good one and see if you can get in for an opinion. I told mine that I was having surgery and they got me in two weeks later with a really awesome male dr.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.