HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

No sex drive :( No sex drive :(

Unread 11-23-2003, 11:55 AM
No sex drive :(

Ok this is really embarassing but I really need help. My DH and I have been trying to resume sex and each time we are intimate I have no sex drive. I have nothing going on down there at all. I dont know what to do. Is there something wrong? Please help this has upset me so bad
Unread 11-23-2003, 03:25 PM

This must really be frustrating for you. I wonder if you are relaxing enough for this. I know I am a little bit apprehensive about vaginal sex. I still haven't gotten up the courage to try it. I'm still sticking to outersex. If this continues to be a problem then you might call your DR. There are creams and pills that can help your sex drive. He might also need to put you on hormones if you are not already.
Unread 11-23-2003, 04:14 PM

Do not hesitate to discuss this with your dr. There are tons of ways your dr can help you. Run, do not walk to the phone. How frustrating for you. I had surgery 9/30/03. No orgasm yet, I am seeing the dr. about that tomorrow, but I definitely get aroused and enjoy VAGINAL
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:19 PM

My boyfriend and I have had "phone sex" and just the talking was quite arousing.... I think if you are not feeling anything "down there" you should talk to your doctor about that. I don't know... they say the main sex organ is the brain, so it is hard to know if it is a physical or emotional issue.
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:32 PM

Christie, I'm worried about the same thing happening after my surgery in January. I agree that talking to your doctor is a great place to start. The hormone drop can have a huge effect on a gal's arousal. I'll be interested in how this goes for you.

There's some good news, too.....a group of doctors in Europe did a study about sex after hysterectomy; at 1 year post-op, lots of the women say sex is better than before the surgery! I guess by that time the healing and hormonal balancing have done the trick. That may not help you now, but there is plenty of reason to hope this will get better!
Unread 11-24-2003, 02:57 AM

I can't tell you what a great comfort all the ladies on this site have been to me through my journey as a Hyster Sister. I am giving my doc a call tomorrow and I hope that he can help me "wake things up". I have cried alot about this, I am only 26 and not married but almost 4 years, but I am trying to keep my spirits up and not be negative. maybe it is just a hormonal issue. He has me on Vivelle Dot currently and I have been doing well on it so far. The only bad thing is getting the adhesive off LOL. I will let you guys know what he says , and again thank you for the support.
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:13 AM

One more thing to remember, Christie....some of the nerves/blood supply linked to sexual arousal may have been "stunned" by the surgery. Might take them a while longer to "wake up".

I'll be really interested to hear how things work out for you; this is a BIG concern for me about what may happen post-op.
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:37 AM

I am worried about this as well. I have a very low drive as it is and I have talked to my gyn about it and she says there is nothing she/I can do about it! So if she cant help me now how will she help me afterwards?
Unread 11-26-2003, 12:42 AM

Well I called my doc and he wants to change my hormones. I have been on Vivelle Dot and he wants me to try Estratest. I just started it and I am having hot flashes LOL. Have any of you been on or are currently on Estratest? I am curious on how anyone has done with it. I am hoping this works for me. This is so frustrating to deal with, and I am trying to get my husband to realize that the problem isnt him its me. He sure has gotten an education in female anatomy and hormones
Unread 11-26-2003, 04:14 AM

I was on Estratest HS before my Hysterectomy. It did help the libido. I think you need to give it a little time. After being patient, if you don't find relief, you need to call your doctor back.

Good Luck

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.