HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Left side Pain & No Left Ovary! Help Left side Pain & No Left Ovary! Help

Unread 11-25-2003, 07:55 AM
Left side Pain & No Left Ovary! Help

Hi All!

Well today is Week 3 for me post-op. Still running a slight temp & have been having these horrible pains on my left side. ( These are pains like I had before my TAH/LSO) and I know there is No Left ovary there anymore. I am sort of scared I often wonder if it is my intestines? or is All in my head you think? I suffer with intestinal ulcers from Motrin. I was given mortin all of the time for my cramping and Now I can't take that anymore.(Haven't had motrin in 3 yrs) I have been on percociet & meds for infection because my incision was leaking. Finish up the meds for infection and havent taken the percoceit in a couple of days and sometimes it still hurts when I pee. (sorry) Last night my temp was 100.7

I have also been Crying so Much and that isnt Me.....I know it takes time to heal. and I have been good too. Should I be alarmed with my left side? I swear if it isnt one thing its another....Any info I would greatly appricate. Thanks All Of You. God Bless
Seachel
Unread 11-25-2003, 08:09 AM

I have the same sensation, had a huge endometria cyst removed from the left ovary and Dr. said it was touch and go to save it. I still have pain sometimes. I think our bodies still have so much healing to do - it is still too soon. You know yourself best and when or if it is more than a twinge then at least call your Dr. for advise just to be safe.
Hope you feel better soon
PS - I still have that pulling feeling, painful urination and bowel movements but each day it gets a little bit better.
Unread 11-25-2003, 08:46 AM

Thanks Sunflower,

I have called my doc and am waiting for her to call back. I am just not myself. When I have to hurry up and sit down because the pain is so bad there is something wrong...I hope you also feel better Sunflower....God Be with You....Thanks
Seachel
Unread 11-25-2003, 08:50 AM

I am in the SAME boat as you! My pain is on the right side and I had my right ovary removed FOR THIS REASON!!! My ob says it is the round ligament but gosh it hurts so much! I've resorted to taking Tylenol 3 again. I hate this. Is the pain in my head??? No, I don't think so. Some days I am miserable I hurt so much. I've had a slew of tests: small bowel follow thru, colonoscopy, ct scan and nothing shows up. It is so frustrating to me!

For me, I am going to just deal with it and live off the pain meds. I am not a happy camper right now. I hope you are aboe to get some answers.

Cindy
Unread 11-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Pain

I have always had left side pain, my doc said it was bowel pain, and I paid attention to it, and sure enough, it would happen around when I need to poo... Now 8 days post op, and that pain is worse, very sharp, but it lightens up after I go to the bathroom. So I am assuming its still bowel pain. Do not Hesitate to call the doc and ask. You should be able to just call, talk to the doc's nurse, she ask him and call ya back.
Unread 11-25-2003, 12:25 PM

I too had this pain on my right side for almost a whole day, a few days later it happened on my left side. It almosts feels like if you hold in your skin close to your body it feels better. I sat on the couch and took it easy and by the next day it was gone never to return. I think it is just part of the healing process. It was some severe pain but I just sucked it up and it went away. I have not taken any pain meds since the day after my surgery except motrin for a headache and such.........Hope this helps....If it hurts, that is what the pain meds are for ladies...cheers.....Colleen
Unread 11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Let me know what happens Seachel

Seachel

Please get back to me, I was so worried about you, I do hope you are ok...........
Love and Hugs

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway