HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

leaking incision ...can I put peroxide on it? leaking incision ...can I put peroxide on it?

Unread 10-08-2000, 01:17 PM
leaking incision ...can I put peroxide on it?

I have been seeing some leaking from the incision. I am not sure what this means. Does anyone have any idea what to do? So far I have just washed my incision each day in the shower with regular liquid soap but havent used anything special on it to clean it.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Unread 10-08-2000, 01:28 PM

check with your doctor before you put anything on the incision. better safe than sorry.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 10-08-2000, 02:04 PM

cyv, while I had my staples in and the incision wasn't covered my Dr told me to clean it with peroxide. Then she took the staples out & put the steri strips on it. I took those off a few days ago because it was oozing(she said that was normal)and they were falling off anyway. I'm back to an uncovered incision & I wash it in the shower & clean it with peroxide before I go to bed.I didn't ask her about it, I just figured if she told me to do it before it's ok to do it now.
Unread 10-08-2000, 02:59 PM

My hyster "sister" my TAH/BSO was the same day. I have had only minor oozing, but I have a sore near the incision that is like raw hamburger from an allergic reation to the steri-strips. The docs told me no alcohol or peroxide (said they might hurt) but to just put a quality anti-bacterial cream on it. I have been doing that and it seems to be doing fine. Good luck, and I hope your insicion heals soon, mine is just a thin red line now. Lisa
Unread 10-08-2000, 03:00 PM

I just wanted to tell you that my doctor strongly urged me to call or see him if my incision was *****, red or burning. If you have any of these symptoms I would definitely call your doctor before doing anything.
Good Luck and feel better soon.
Unread 10-08-2000, 04:46 PM

I love it when I go away and come back to my pc and all you wonderful ladies have answered my question! I love you all!
Thank you for your replies, and Lisa (Idywall) my "sister" I have been following your posts avidly because we had the surgery the same day and I see you seem to be having a rather tough time emotionally.
You can email me anytime if you need to vent etc. I also have IM but I am not on it much. I do however check my email several times a day.
Unread 10-08-2000, 05:46 PM

I had my tah/bso on 9/21 the doctor told me when i had my staples removed that if i had some oozing it was normal.
Debby
Unread 10-08-2000, 05:48 PM

HI I had a tah/bso on 9/21 on the day they removed the staples I was told that some oozing was ok as long as I didnt have red or pain.
Debby

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.