HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

bladder pain after hysterectomy bladder pain after hysterectomy

Unread 12-13-2003, 08:21 AM
bladder pain after hysterectomy

I am so upset about having so much bladder pain after I urinate. I am 4 weeks post op ( I had an abdominal hysterectomy and one ovary removed). My Doctor said my uterus was attached to my bladder by scar tissue from previous c-sections. I also had a large fibroid. I will be going back to work in two weeks and I don't feel much better since before my surgery. I now have different problems. I also can't hold my urine and now I have been having "accidents". My doctor said the bladder is healing. He had to put stiches in my bladder when he took my uterus out. Anyone having similar problems? THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!
Unread 12-13-2003, 08:58 AM

Bela,
I haven't had the problem with leakage but I have had a lot of pain after urinating, especially after full bladder in morning. From what I've read at this site, many women had the same and were put on an antispasmodic called pyridium. I was finally put on this at 4 weeks post-op and it has made a huge difference for me, not just when urinating but with pain in general. Maybe you should ask your DR about it. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 12-13-2003, 09:00 AM

Wow! You are describing me exactly. I'm 5 weeks post-op LAVH and bladder repair. I asked my doctor yesterday, why my bladder does'nt hold much and when I stand up to go to the bathroom I have to run or I'll pee myself. He said also its from the stiches in the bladder or I guess not the bladder, what they did was sew the muscle under the bladder to tighten the bladder up. When I was going for my hyster my gyn. said they would do a bladder repair as well. I was shocked because at that time I never seemed to have a bladder problem. But he said it was slightly prolaped and in a few years I would have a problem,so I agreed to do it at the same time. I was upset,as you are, but now understand whats going on. Remember to do you keegles. Hope things improve. See Ya.
Unread 12-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Interesting info............

Hello Sisters

I just had my 6 week and was shown a diagram by my Dr. that shows all bladders are attached to the uterus, so he explained it is normal to have some tenderness/discomfort after the surgery cause your bladder has to be cut away from the uterus in order to do the hyster! I did not know that specifically until he showed me. I still have painful BM due to endo that had my uterus fused to my bowel. I am taking it one day at a time...it does get better!
Unread 12-13-2003, 06:30 PM

{{{{{Bela}}}}}

I'm so sorry about the bladder issues. As far as I can tell my doctor didn't do anything to my bladder and now it's working way better then it ever has. I do have a small bladder, but I'm thinking that since the hyst my bladder actually has much more room to work.

Linda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.