HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bladder falling Bladder falling

Unread 12-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Bladder falling

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew about bladder falling problems. Before my hysto my bladder had already dropped some if my doc took my cervix will this cause my bladder to drop more. I am feeling pressue I see my GYN Thursday but thought someone here might know.
I read that the intestines move to fill in the empty space how does that work??
I had a awful day yesterday crying for what appeared to be no reason but today is better. I called my GYN to see if I was supposed to start the estrogen that he had been giving me for what he thought was peri-meno and he took a big chance with that and possibly causing endo to grow but it was a small dose. I got a nurse that just said wait until Thursday, I told her I was so tearful she had no response but that's the way it is when you call when you are there at the office it is different.
I think I have finally realized that my recovery time is going to be a lot longer that I had thought. My b/f sat me down last night and had a good talk with me about trying to push like I do with everything, so I guess I will just have to go with what my body is telling me. I am having so much vaginal discomfort and irritation and still hurting when I pee but I didn't want to be a cry baby to the doc so I decided to wait until Thursday to talk to him. This is a bad time of the year everyone is busy and my friends seem to have forgotten me which hurts but I know everyone is busy, I just feel so alone I just sit here looking at all the things that need to be done and I can't do them yet. On Thursday when I am allowed to drive after seeing my doc I think I will try to get my hair highlighted I just feel the need to do something to make me feel pretty, is that selfish??? But I feel ugly I don't know why maybe because I have a huge swollen stomach bruises everywhere and I feel so empty inside well except for the pain. I just have to keep reminding myself about how much I suffered every month with my periods and before my periods and that helps. I just feel like such a cry baby and I am not a self pity kind of woman never have been, but it's hard just being alone here all day when I am so used to working and being so busy. Thanks for listening I don't know what I would do without this site right now it's such a comfort for me.
Unread 12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Bladder falling

Hi. I am glad that you found this website. I, too, am alone all day and about the second to third week I was so bored and so tired of staring at the same walls. I would venture out, but not for very long.

I know it's hard when everyone else is out working or whatever. I took some time to do research on what happened to me, got a copy of the operative report from the hospital, bought some movies to watch, am reading a book, etc. It will get easier with time when you feel like doing more.

I've also had days when I felt "down", especially after a good friend laughed at me for getting a copy of the operative report. She said "the surgery is over and you are fine, what's the problem?". I just wanted to be informed of what happened to my body, but I was very hurt by what she said. So now I am focusing my energy on other things and feeling better.

Take care of yourself!
Unread 12-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Bladder falling

Hi

You're still very early in your recovery. It'll take a little time for the emotions to settle down. It's very normal to feel weepy for a few weeks.

The bladder has its own ligaments for suppport, according to my DR the cervix had no real function in supporting it. But if it had already dropped some before it could be something, make sure you ask your DR.

After the uterus was removed there wasn't an actual hole left there. There was a little more space for the other organs, but the normal uterus isn't big enough to worry about everything falling down to fill in. And if your uterus was enlarged it was taking up too much space and crowding the other organs so with it gone they get to have their own space back.

When you have your hair highlighted don't you have to lie back at the sink? If so, when you sit back up it's going to be very hard on your abdominal muscles, may not be a good idea.

Finally, as hard as it is to do next to nothing when you have been used to being busy, please remember that the easier you take it now when you are early in your recovery the better your recovery should be.

Best wishes!
Unread 12-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks for bladder question replys

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the bladder I am still new here and don't know quite how to reply yet sorry about that. I didn't think about having to lay back to get my hair done so thats out....Thanks to the first reply for understanding about friends forgetting you I am glad I am not the only one feeling that way....
Not much else to say except I was sure wrong about my recovery time from the LAVH I thought I would bounce back so quick, but when they take everything out I should have expected it would take a while to feel better, and my surgery was 3 hours long so I am guessing they did a lot of work on me. I will find out more from my GYN Thursday I was so drugged in the hospital I barely remember talking to him.
Thanks again...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.