How do you rest during the day? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you rest during the day? How do you rest during the day?

Unread 12-17-2003, 03:27 PM
How do you rest during the day?

I'm 6 days post-op and my energy level is coming back. I can tell this. The doctor told me to rest and sleep as much as I can during day and night, but don't become one with the bed. LOL! I wonder....I can't nap during the day anymore. I used to be a serious napper during the day and now I can't. I'm not in pain or anything....well, besides the normal healing I'm doing. I do rest in bed for an hour or two in the afternoon while my soaps are on, but I don't nap. It's not that I'm going crazy about this...I do go to bed at night between 9pm and 10pm, but it's just weird. I thought that I'd be so darn tired and worn out, but it seems like I have more energy now then I did before the surgery.

Am I strange and it's just me or has this happened to anyone else?

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 03:50 PM

Hi. I never really took naps, because if I did it messed up my sleep at night. The first 2 days I was home I slept for about 2 hours each afternoon but I think it was due to the pain meds. After that I haven't had a nap. I lay down and rest and close my eyes, but don't sleep (no matter how hard I try). But I pass the time reading, listening to music, or just daydreaming. That way, I can sleep at night.

Take care!
Unread 12-17-2003, 04:12 PM

Now I don't feel that alone. I just find it weird that I used to nap all the time and now I just can't seem to do that. I guess resting is just as important as napping.

Thank you

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 04:59 PM

Just wait till your up around and moving. You will get tired very fast. Your body isn't doing anything to warrant sleep right now except for at night. Just laying around your not getting tired. Wait till your feeling better and start to do things for yourself and go out and shop and drive etc. You will find you get exhausted very quickly. At least this is what I have experienced. Hope this helps..Colleen
Unread 12-17-2003, 05:17 PM

That's true. I have been up and helping out a bit, but not as much as I would normally do.

Thank you

Linda
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Its easy for me.........

I just put my head on the pillow or sit down on the couch and I am out! It is true, once you are up and about just taking a shower will send you to the couch for a nap!

Unread 12-17-2003, 07:05 PM

I was pretty tired after my shower, but I went and crawled into bed and the eyes popped right back open. That made me so upset that I almost cried. LOL!

Linda
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:12 PM

I was so excited when I got home from the Castle that I couldn't sleep. I felt so good and was so happy it was over. I watched TV. I got up and walked around a bit. I couldn't nap at all during the day. At night I slept like a rock. I just felt so good. I hadn't felt that good in a long time. A VERY long time. It was like my body had been renewed.
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:17 PM

Now that sounds ~exactly~ like me. I'm so excited about feeling so good that maybe that's why I can't sleep. I do sleep pretty darn good (with the exception of getting up once at night and turning the TV back on) at night though. I put my right leg up on a pillow and off to dreamy land I go.

Linda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register