HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

How much does a uterus weigh? How much does a uterus weigh?

Unread 01-05-2004, 11:31 AM
How much does a uterus weigh?

Don't tell me they GAVE me organs rather than TAKING mine! LOL I was 153 the day before surgery. I reweighed a week later and I was 160. Then I went down to 156 and stayed there till today. Now I'm 158. I knew I wasn't gonna be so lucky. Hahah!
Unread 01-05-2004, 11:37 AM

I am so jealous! I weighed approximately 173 when I went in for surgery in November 2003 and now weigh 175.4! I thought I'd lose when they took out the uterus, which the dr said was about the size of a 3 month old pegnant woman. And the swelling is unbelievable. I look bigger than when I went into the hospital.
Unread 01-05-2004, 11:37 AM

I am so jealous! I weighed approximately 173 when I went in for surgery in November 2003 and now weigh 175.4! I thought I'd lose when they took out the uterus, which the dr said was about the size of a 3 month old pegnant woman. And the swelling is unbelievable. I look bigger than when I went into the hospital.
Unread 01-05-2004, 11:43 AM

Don't be disappointed if you weigh more after surgery, things will return to normal BUT Sorry ...I gained 6 lb. too(LOL)

The removed uterus weighs hardly anything!
Those large bags of IV fluids get pumped into you constantly.
And all they give you is sugar ladened sodas, juices and jellos for nourishment while you are getting absolutely no excercise.
To top it off...your bowels won't be moving for awhile and you fill up with gas.
Unread 01-05-2004, 01:14 PM

i also had a uterus the size of a 5 month pregnancy..was 8 lbs lighter when i got home from the hospital..and am approximately 17 lbs lighter now at 8 weeks post-op..but some of my weight loss is due to chemo...but like most women am hoping i'll keep it off...couldn't figur out why I was getting so fat..LOL..now i know...I thought it was just middle age spread,tho am only 40. I had just thrown al my smaller clothes away too......

well I just have to shopping I guess..hehehehehe
Unread 01-06-2004, 03:19 PM

Hello Princesses,

I have not lost a pound! Even though only 3 weeks post op and have felt wonderful. The holidays and all the goodies this year. I was weaker than normal.

I am hoping to get more exercising in, in the following weeks.

I have been walking and riding my bike daily.

I weighed 150 at surgery and still about the same. I am 47 years old and 5'5" and was a Lifetime member at W.W. in 2001. I need to should I say would like to be 137 again...LOL

My uterus weighed 155 grams and surgery for my TVH was on 12/17/03 and that was after a D&C on 11/17/03 just a month previously.

Here's to a New Year which will be better for all of us!!!
Unread 01-06-2004, 05:51 PM

My uterus weighed 846 grams. I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. This past Wednesday (Dec 30), I was down 10 pounds. I'm looking forward to hopping on the scale tomorrow morning.
Unread 01-06-2004, 06:19 PM

I am 3 months,3 days post-op. I lost 15 pounds my first 2 weeks and then another 20 pounds over the next month. I needed to so I was not concerned. In the past 6 1/2 weeks, I have not gained any of that wt. back. Last week, I had my gall bladder and appendix out. I am not one of the ones that was immediately able to eat after that....it has been a week and I am still having problems with nausea and diarrhea. I will go in tomorrow to see the doctor and see what needs to be next. I am on a low fat diet. I am CERTAIN that I have lost even more! I don't mind loosing, in fact I have wanted to loose....BUT....surgeries are not the way to do it!!!!!!!! I do know that since my hormones are better regulated I am not retaining fluid and that helps with some of the POUNDS!!! Everyone is differant....I am just hoping to continue with the loss!!!

ROnda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.