HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

How much 2% Testosterone Cream to use,and Where? How much 2% Testosterone Cream to use,and Where?

Unread 10-14-2000, 11:07 PM
How much 2% Testosterone Cream to use,and Where?

After visiting Hystersisters for a few months, I now have taking responsibility for my own NHRT, with lots of information, (I hope I have choosen a good start).

I started on the Vivelle dot .0375 mg, 1 1/2 weeks, Monday being 2 weeks,(was on esterderm .05 patch, covering a small area with plastic skin tape). Have some small hot flashes the day before I need to change the Vivelle dot, nothing real uncomfortable, (I feel I need a low dose of Est. for my mother had one breast removed). I am still on 100 mg. prometrium at night.

Got my prescription for my 2% Testosterone Cream today, with no directions, ( we have a drug plan to mail them in, I also wanted to see if the could compound hormones).

I will be seeing the 2nd new Dr. in a couple of weeks, (my Dr. I was seeing retired to be a full time mom.) What I have heard, she is more into the NHRT. Thinking good thoughts.

I have no sex drive and feel really blazay, which is my norm. How much testosterone cream do I use, and where? Thanks much.
Unread 10-15-2000, 07:19 AM

Testosterone in a 2% cream is a rather strong dose. Lets put it this way...a little bit goes a long..... way. Taking too much can be a nightmare. Been there Done that!!! and NO I do NOT look good with a mustache! Is the cream you got in a tube or a syringe? I find it almost impossible to measure it from a tube and when I have used mine I needed such a little amount that I had to have it in a very small syringe. Some women just don't use the cream every day. Did your doctor tell you how many mg she wanted you to have of the cream? I know that I started out on 10mg, and for me that meant I was turning into a gorilla. When I backed off to taking 1-2mg a day I still could tell that it was affecting my lip hair so right now I am taking none. I am hoping Lauren comes along her to be a little more specific. I have heard that the starting dose should be .25mg, and I am not sure how you would measure out that little from 2%cream. it would probably be very very little. About where to put it. I was told to apply to the vulva area but found it irritating so they said to apply it to soft skin like inner thigh or tummy area. I am sorry I could not have been of more help. Good luck to you
Unread 10-15-2000, 10:11 AM

Just in case Lauren doesn't have a chance to stop by today, I thought I would offer you a link to another post addressing the same question about 2% testosterone cream, and Lauren's answer to that one.
Unread 10-15-2000, 07:46 PM

Hi Girls,
I looked over Laurens answers, and I now know that 2% testosterone is strong, but I did not realize it was that strong. I received my Testosterone in a plastic jar with a lid. Tonight and last night I used 1/8 tsp. of the cream on my vulva. That might be to much is my understanding from what I have read. If that is still to much, help! I'm going to hang in here and use the Testosterone cream until I see my new Dr., in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we will get some blood tests and some answers. Thanks for all your help.
Unread 10-16-2000, 06:45 AM

I think with testosterone, a little dab will do ya' I was using the 2% testosterone, and I had a little syringe that I measured it in, my dosing instructions were for .25ml, which came out to about 1/4". It really was just a "little" dab.
Hugs :-)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.