HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

burning at incision burning at incision

Unread 01-26-2004, 08:23 PM
burning at incision

Had TAH on 1/20 the left side of my incision 'BURNS' when I get up and for the first couple of steps that I take. I mean, it really feels like someone has touched me with a match. Dr told me to use heat and advil. Has not helped yet!!
Unread 01-26-2004, 09:48 PM
burning at incision

Mine burns, too! Asked dr and he said that was where the stitches were drawn up towards the end. I am two weeks out today, and it is lessening. Would be interested to see what others post!

It helps to put pressure with hand when starting to move.
Unread 01-26-2004, 11:02 PM
burning at incision

I had everything to include my appendix removed Dec 1 and my incision not only still burns, but at my 6 week check up while waiting for the doctor to come in the room I noticed my incision was leaking. Wierd thing was I couldn't see exactly where it was leaking from. Doctor told me it was normal and was just fluids working its way out. Strangest thing I had ever seen. I told him he was lucky it didn't happen at home or I would have been in the ER if his office was closed. Even tonight as we speak, I am still leaking though god knows what pinhole in my incision.
Unread 01-27-2004, 05:39 AM
burning at incision

Stitches dissolving and nerve endings firing back up is what the burning and itching is. I called them my little lightening strikes when I went for my last post-op last week. It does get better. Heating pad and advil will work. That is, if you stay on the recommended dosage. If the bottle says every x amount of hours take x, then stick to it. You don't want to skip a dosage.
Unread 01-27-2004, 09:03 AM
burning at incision

I also had the burning on the left side of my incision. Was really worried until I found this site and realized that lots of other sisters experienced the same thing. Mine went away after about two weeks, so hang in there, it will get better.
Unread 01-27-2004, 09:15 AM
burning at incision

I have a vertical incision and it itches like crazy on both sices more so on the left side as well! I scratch and where it makes a red place is weird looking, like a box around my incision. Is that where the inside stiches are and not on the underneathe side of incision?
Unread 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
burning at incision

I had a TAH 1/12/04 and had been experiencing a burning/ripping sensation on the left side of my groin muscle ... then this weekend the right side of my incision started doing the same thing. I was freaking out! I went for my two ck-up yesterday and asked my DR about it ... he explained the groin pain was probably caused by the retractor used during surgery and the incision burning was most likely the "anchor" stitches ... which also are knotted. He also recommends Motrin ... I find that putting slight pressure on the spot helps as well.

I sure wish I would have been told about this sight BEFORE my surgery!! :-)

Lauren
TAH 1/12/04 due to MANY fibroids and an very enlarged uterus! (did get to keep both ovaries)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.