HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

How much spotting after LAVH? How much spotting after LAVH?

Unread 01-28-2004, 04:49 PM
How much spotting after LAVH?

Just wondering how much post-op spotting the LAVH/TVH sisters have had. I've had very little, just a few drops a day (wearing mini-pads) but I'm wondering how long it usually lasts? Naturally I am looking forward to giving up my sanitary supplies FOR GOOD.

Thanks!

New Princess Nisima
Unread 01-28-2004, 05:30 PM

I'm 8 weeks post op and spotted for about 4 weeks. It was minimal after the first 2-3 days, a panty liner would do. But ironically enough, I spotted today! I'm not sure what is up with that, but will be calling tomorrow just to make sure.
Unread 01-28-2004, 06:01 PM

I had a little spotting after my LAVH. I needed only a panty liner. I did spot for about 5 weeks then nothing at all.

I'm waiting to see if i will after having sex. They say that you can spot or bleed afterwards and that is normal.

Hang in there.
Unread 01-29-2004, 09:15 PM

I had my lavh on 1/12 and only spotted 2 days after. Nothing since. When I went for my 2 week check up he said that wasn't unusual not to spot but he said when the stiches start dissolving that I would have some spotting then. Alot of people told me that they spotted for 4 weeks. I guess I have been one of the lucky ones. Good Luck!
Unread 01-29-2004, 09:21 PM

4+ weeks post-op LAVH, and I'm happy to report, the spotting is finally lessening! At my 3-week visit to my Gyn, he said give it 6 weeks to subside. I didn't believe him at the time, even said, "I didn't go thru all this to still be wearing pads!".

Thank God, I think it is finally going away! Wow have I looked forward to this! Can you imagine? I've past my 1-month period mark, and NO PMS and NO cramps!

I LOVE IT!
Unread 01-30-2004, 09:20 AM
spotting

Hi, Sister.

I had my surgury, same as you on 1/13. I didn't spot at all at first, but now it's enough to wear a minipad. As long as its not bright red my dr told me not to worry. Probably just the stitches disolving, or, you might be trying to overdo a little bit.

Good luck,
Unread 01-30-2004, 11:53 AM

I had my surgery on 1-14-04 and have not really spotted much since I came home from the hospital. Just a very pale pinkish discharge. I will definitely be glad when all these stitches dissolve. I can not wait to take a bubble bath. My doctor says I have to wait until everyting heals. I had the anterior and posterior repair and he says I have to wait to use soap in that area.
Unread 01-30-2004, 12:12 PM

Had a LAVH/BSO on 12/5. From day one I had just enough blood for a panty liner, unfortunately, it has lasted 9 weeks.

I went to the doctor for my 4 week internal exam and I was told I still had stitches and was healing slower than normal. I was told to give it 2 weeks and come back. At 6 weeks I was still spotting so I went back and he used silver nitrate :cry: to cauterize the cuff and told me to give it 2 more weeks. As of Wednesday of this week I only have a small amount of pink when I have a BM. Any other time I don't even need a pad. I did a lot of praying the past couple of weeks because I didn't want to have to go through the silver nitrate again and thankfully my prayers are being answered.

I'm passing my pads and tampons on the my niece.
Unread 02-01-2004, 02:59 PM

I went to the doctor on Friday to check on why I started spotting again. I had a stitch pop open on my cuff They had to do the silver nitrate. It didn't hurt, until they pulled out the speculum! OUCH! She said I might spot a few more days. I thought it might be because I started doing some stomach crunches, but she said it was ok to continue with them. Drats!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.