estring insertion question | No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

estring insertion question estring insertion question

Unread 01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
estring insertion question

I am using the estring vaginal ring. I just put it in tonight and was wondering...I hate asking questions like this...when it is in properly can you still feel it with your finger? It said to put it in the back 1/3 of the vaginal vault. I pushed it in as far as my finger would go but I can still feel the end of it with my finger. How long is our vaginal vault? Should it disappear completely?
I don't have anything else in there anymore so it just seems a bit strange. I have heard great things about these rings and am hoping for success with this to stop the burning and dryness.
Did any of you get a jolt of estrogen when you first put it in? My OB said I might get a bit of a head rush from it for a few hours.
Thanks for you help.
Blessings,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2004, 11:06 PM

Hi there!

I always could feel it just a bit, but then I kept my cervix. It stayed tucked behind my pubic bone, and I wasn't that aware of it.

I never really got that sort of "rush", but I did notice that the ring used to "run out" a bit before the 3 months was up, and so I'd get a bit of a "bounce" in estrogen (and a bit of discharge) when I'd put in a new one...

Audrey
Unread 02-01-2004, 02:23 PM

I also use the estring and have found success with it. Yes, I can feel it with my finger tip as well, but it has never fallen out. You can always shove it up a bit more, as well. One should be able to get to it in order to be able to take it out in 90 days!

I too, have found that the estrogen in the estring seems to run out a bit before the 90 days but instead of replacing it before the time period is up, I just insert an applicator full of premarin vaginal cream. There have been a couple of times when I have developed a yeast infection while the Estring is in - at those times I take it out and treat the infection. After that it cleared up, I replace the estring.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register