Yeah, It's Over!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeah, It's Over!!!!!!! Yeah, It's Over!!!!!!!

Unread 02-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, It's Over!!!!!!!

Hi Sisters....Well I had my TAH last friday. Came home Sunday at noon. Not to terrible bad except I encountered the flu. Was throwing up so bad on Sun that I had to go back to the ER and get a shot to stop it. That worked until Tues. Had to return to Doc again for another shot and some pills to stop the throwing up. It has worked. But boy was it rough throwing up with that incision. If this happenes to any of you, what I found that worked the best to protect the incision and help it not to hurt so bad with the heaves was to lie on my side almost on top of the incision with a pillow pushing on it also. I also have had alot of problems with passing gas, (and boy those gas pains can really hurt, lol) and having a bowel movement. GasX really has helped along with a over the counter stool softner. It's been a week today and am feeling pretty good over all. If I had not gotten the flu, things would have been alot easier.

My hubby has been wonderful. He got to be off work until yesterday. I think it has been a realization check for him to see again first hand how much I do do around the house that he takes for granted, LOL... Well thanks everyone for all their help and prayers. I hope to return the favor to others you may visit in the future. Take care and will write more later.
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Super!

Sounds like your doing great! Sorry to hear about the hurling thing. That must have been terrible! I dreaded that myself and felt darn close to it a number of times - especially after pressing the "Jeopardy Button" for more pain medicine - it made me sick every time; thats when I yelled for something for the nausea and it helped ALOT. Hang in there and just be patient and give yourself time to heal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register