HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

2 weeks post-op update 2 weeks post-op update

Unread 02-22-2004, 06:01 PM
2 weeks post-op update

I am now 2 weeks post-op (2nd surgery (abdominal). I am still in quite a bit of pain especially on the inside on the left side where the hematoma was. I am especially in pain in the area where your leg attaches to your body!!?? It is very tender - nothing showing up but but it does feel warmer or hot compared to the other side. It is very painful to walk and even don't sleep very well due to moving during the night. It seems to "grab" me - heavy "burning" "painful sensations" . What could this be? it seems a strange area - though I realize it is all connected. Any ideas or suggestions? Robin
Unread 02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
2 weeks post-op update

((((Robin)))) I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain, two weeks after your last surgery

I'm not a doctor but I did have a year of nursing training. That was a looooong time ago, but I do remember that, usually, whenever an area feels tender and hot to the touch, it can be a sign of infection. Please, do call your doctor or, even better, head for the ER.

Sending lots of s your way and hoping that this is only a side road to the off-road you, hopefully, have found. Please keep us posted.
Unread 02-22-2004, 07:47 PM
2 weeks post-op update

Dear Robin...
It sounds like you have had quite a time of it

I also had two surgeries this month (2/4 and 2/13)... the second being due to 300cc of blood in my pelvic cavity (maybe from internal bleeding or hematoma).... it was terribly painful but then became even more so when the blood started to move around more (initially it stayed on the right side where most of the excision occurred).... 5 days after the second surgery I developed a post-op infection with fever and just general ICK. Before the surgery the doctor had told me there was a higher risk of infection with the surgery because of all the old blood in there.... it is possible it is a higher risk of surgery for a hematoma too (in my case the blood was all over by the time they operated).

You should definately call and mention all of these symptoms to your doctor. Make sure you take your temperature too so you can give that information. When I developed the fever they sent me for blood work and a urinalysis. Hopefully it is not another complication for you. My doctor did say that the blood causes alot of irritation and inflammation in addition to the normal surgery pain... so it might take longer than normal for some of the pain to subside.

Let us know what you find out.

Sarah

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.