HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Feeling Better 12 weeks Post Op TAH Feeling Better 12 weeks Post Op TAH

Unread 02-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Feeling Better 12 weeks Post Op TAH

Well I had trouble with Premarin and decided to go back on Estradiol since I have so much of it. My side effects have gone away, but I still get a little overheated on occasion, and occasional night sweats, but not real bad. I decided to stay on 1 mg. because it's a low dose and I will just deal with it. I started weight watchers and started walking 30 minutes a day and have lost 2 pounds so far. Yes, ladies you can loose weight on Estrogen, I'm living proof. I discovered walking really helps slim down that swelly belly. Changing my diet made a world of difference too. I now eat everything in portions instead of out of a bag or ice cream container - LOL. I have 20lbs to loose and I'm hoping I will look good this summer. It's a goal and I'm finally focused enough. For those ladies that are trying to loose weight I really recommend weight watchers and walking, even 15 minutes a day of walking makes a real difference. Don't get discourage if it doesn't show on the scales, you can actually loose those inches and not pounds. Weight Watchers said some ladies on Estrogen will not loose right away because of the body being so messed up from surgery and hormones. They said it could take a year before your body is adjusted to the change. Then one day it will come of provided you follow the program and exercise.

Good luck to all of you trying to loose, don't give up hope keep it going!
Unread 02-27-2004, 12:19 PM
12 Weeks!

Hello there,
I'm 12 weeks too (was on Mon) and still addicted to Hysters! I saw your heading and just had to come in and say well done that woman. And it reminded me that I was 12 weeks also and feeling pretty good.
I kept my ovaries so none of the over-heating yet. I'm lucky. But have been having tremendously sore boobs. So enquired here. Found some websites and visited my healthfood shop last week and purchased various pills and potions that I hope will help. Oh, and ordered some cream by post from a website that was recommended here.
Well done on the weight loss. That's fantastic. What an achievement.
Returning to work at 8 weeks knocked the stuffing out of me rather, so I haven't been doing much exercise yet: I don't really count Chi-Gong and curling. Need to sweat more! It's on my list of things to do. You're right, even 15 mins a day is a good thing to do. If only I didn't have to work...I'd fit in everything and have the energy (mind you today is my day off and what am I doing? Sitting at the computer and typing to the ladies LOL). I lost some weight post-op which has stayed off.
I have to say that I'm so pleased to have had the surgery and now am looking forward to the rest of my life.
All the best.
Nellie One

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.