HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

First period after a D&C, Laparoscopy, and Hysteroscopy??? First period after a D&C, Laparoscopy, and Hysteroscopy???

Unread 03-10-2004, 09:12 AM
First period after a D&C, Laparoscopy, and Hysteroscopy???

Hi everyone. I had all these done 3.5 wks ago, and am now having my first period since this. It started off with a couple days of very light pink, spotting. I was like YEAH, this is a change. with little to no cramping. Then yesterday It started quite heavy. and lasted through the night and still heavy now. Im having alot of heavieness but the cramps arent overly bad.

How much does a d&C really help the amount of blood loss during a period? I thaught I wouldnt be this heavy, at least not my first period afterwards.

I see my gyn next week and will FINALLY get results. AlL i know is they did find polyps and fibroids, but I have no idea if she removed them, left them, how big they were or any other findings. I dont know if the lap found any endometriosis.... Im still very angry that I havent been able to talk to my doc at all since the operation over 3 wks ago..
Unread 03-10-2004, 10:51 AM

Tasha,

Gosh, I would be angry too!! There could be a very good explanation for your period, if only you knew exactly what was found and what was done during the procedures!

I think the type of period women have after a d&c can vary a lot. I would urge you to call your doc's office and at least speak with the nurse if you have any concerns about what is happening. I know that after I had a myomectomy my doc warned me that my next period could be very heavy. He was right.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and what you find out, okay?

Beth
Unread 03-10-2004, 07:23 PM

My first period after the same procedures was the same as before the procedures. No change for me, but I knew that was possible. Were hoping that it would at least eliminate the heavy and large clotting. Started Lupron shots my second period after the procedures.
Unread 03-10-2004, 08:45 PM

Hi Tasha,
I had a D&C in December. The first period I had after was very heavy and very painful. Flow was bright red in color, which was different for me. (Sorry to be too graphic.)

However, the second one was a bit better, slightly lighter flow and just uncomfortable back cramping for about 3 days. Much more tollerable, in my opinion. The second one lasted a full week, first lasted longer.

I had a friend that also had a similar experience to mine, as well after her first D&C for other female problems.

I hope your results come back with no problems and you are in the clear. What a tough wait! He didn't even have the decency to call and keep you in the loop. I would be upset as well. Let's just hope and pray that no news is good news, huh?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.