HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

pain after a vaginal ultrasound..... pain after a vaginal ultrasound.....

Unread 03-12-2004, 10:33 PM
pain after a vaginal ultrasound.....

Have any of you had a painful vaginal ultrasound and have the pain stick around for a couple days?

This is 2 days after my ultrasound and I am still in pain. I was having some pain before going in, but the woman did something to me that hurt so bad and it STILL hurts. She was trying to find my ovaries, so with one hand on the probe, she used her other hand to push on my belly and it was instant pain that has not gotten better since. It's pain in my whole pelvic area and lower back. What's up with this?????

BTW....I have not gotten results back yet!

Unread 03-13-2004, 07:43 AM

Pasdechat,

I'm sorry you are in more pain...

I too experience pain following vaginal u/s...In fact, I don't think that I have ever had one that didn't leave me in pain for a few days (I have had approx 10). I'm not sure why...perhaps it is the nerve damage, or the suspected on - going problems in Endo.

Having said that...this is my own personal experience, and I think you should let your Dr know about the additional pain. Hopefully it will subside soon.

Please let us know how you are feeling, and what the results are....S
Unread 03-13-2004, 07:43 AM

HI

I haven't had a vag u/s in awhile, but I do get this pain after attempting to have sex (I say attempting because the pain is usually too much to continue), and it usually lasts at least the next day and sometimes longer. It is pelvic and back pain that I get too. But, I think it's worth a call to the place that did your u/s to let them know, just in case.
Shelley
Unread 03-13-2004, 08:34 AM

Dear ((Pasdechat))

I have had the same problem... not just with vaginal ultrasound but with pelvic exams... I have always thought it was because my nerves in the area are hypersensitive from the years of pain... it doesn't take much to set them off.

I am so sorry that you have not received your results yet.... how frustrating. I hope that you hear back on Monday.

Sarah
Unread 03-13-2004, 11:08 AM

I had a vaginal ultra sound 2 weeks ago, and was sore for a good full week --- the dr was checking my left ovary and really pushing and prodding and it hurt at the time as well as after.
I found that a hot bath helped - a heating pad might have helped too but I don't have one.

I'm sorry you are in pain - it sure isn't fun.
I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-13-2004, 04:52 PM

(((pasdechat)))
Any type of poking and prodding increases my pain for days. The insertion of a probe only makes it worse. I'm sorry you're hurting after your exam. I hope it subsides soon.
Unread 03-13-2004, 06:30 PM

Wow.....i am going in for my first one on tuesday pre-op on weds
TAH on 22...at least mine will all be over with in a week ;P
Unread 03-15-2004, 08:43 AM

I've had pain with transvag ultrasounds, pelvic exams and post intercourse that lasts several days. Pre and post hyst! Wish I knew what causes it.

I hope you have talked to your doctor by now and are out of pain and have your results!
Unread 03-15-2004, 09:39 AM

When I had a vaginal ultrasound recently, I was expecting the probe to go "in" and it really did not. The tech was able to locate my ovaries by just placing the probe right at the opening - could not have been in more than an inch. Guess my ovaries weren't hiding. I felt pressure, but no pain caused by the ultrasound.

I know my chatted with her for a second before I went in and perhaps he told her to try to go extra easy on me since I was already in pain. My doctor's group has their own ultrasound tech, so this is her specialty and perhaps she just knows where to look.

Sure hope your results are in quickly and provide some answers that will be useful in resolving your pain.

In the mean time
Unread 03-17-2004, 04:36 PM

I've had 2 vaginal ultrasounds in the past month. Both times I have had considerable discomfort for a couple days after. I came home and took a long, hot bath.

I am foutunate that I have always gotten the results of the tests right away. If you have not heard form your doctor I would call them. Keep us posted...

s

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.